REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a vendor packet.
They want to pay $25 for initial cut across the board for any property under 1 acre.:mad: Wow I wonder how much they are getting?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I still can't believe people with this nonsense of 20 and 25 cuts. I will say that when we do our routes we are seeing a lot and I mean a lot of properties with 3 feet and higher grass.
Some company called me to offer grass cuts. 1 acre for a whopping 35.00. Told them we get 175 for and acre. Silence and then they said that I was wrong with my pricing. Uh no you are the one that is wrong lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I still can't believe people with this nonsense of 20 and 25 cuts. I will say that when we do our routes we are seeing a lot and I mean a lot of properties with 3 feet and higher grass.
Some company called me to offer grass cuts. 1 acre for a whopping 35.00. Told them we get 175 for and acre. Silence and then they said that I was wrong with my pricing. Uh no you are the one that is wrong lol.

Honestly I think both prices are crazy when you look at it from the outside. I honestly believe that a 1 acre cut is worth about $75 assuming it's just a cut, and I a willing to do it for that any day. The problem comes when they want you to do an inspection spend an hour on paperwork and then you have about a 50/50 chance of even getting paid. That makes your $175 a lot more realistic. Basically the nationals did this to themselves and they think the way to fix it is to lower pay?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just had a call from somebody $20.00 up to an acre and $20.00 for snow removal. Politely told them it was WAY below our price and got the "well but we have a lot of properties to keep you busy".
That is good, jump in your truck and drive from wherever to here in NJ and start cutting. lol
Note people, if you do not have people working on payroll or even an office in a state THEN DO NOT TAKE THAT STATE.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I spent this morning driving about 90 miles to look at some property. At 13 mpg in my 3/4 ton (with a short right leg) it isn't hard to figure out how much it cost in fuel for a round trip.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I spent this morning driving about 90 miles to look at some property. At 13 mpg in my 3/4 ton (with a short right leg) it isn't hard to figure out how much it cost in fuel for a round trip.
Why would you take your truck to go scope out a property? I always try and take the jetta (50mpg) or at the very least the jeep (36mpg). Unless you had work along the way in which case you can't really complain.

Secondly if your 3/4 ton only gets 13mpg it's time to trade. My dodge averages 20mpg dry and 16mpg with a full dump trailer.

·
Super Moderator
1,242 Posts
Why would you take your truck to go scope out a property? I always try and take the jetta (50mpg) or at the very least the jeep (36mpg). Unless you had work along the way in which case you can't really complain.

Secondly if your 3/4 ton only gets 13mpg it's time to trade. My dodge averages 20mpg dry and 16mpg with a full dump trailer.
Sorry GTX, nurumkin wins.
You obviously should have tried to cram yourself into a Jetta or Heep for that particular trip. What were you thinking? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I was thinking that I'll own a dodge the same day the Pope opens his own carwash.

I took my truck because I was hauling a Gator back from an auction and was trying to kill a couple more birds with one stone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was thinking that I'll own a dodge the same day the Pope opens his own carwash.

I took my truck because I was hauling a Gator back from an auction and was trying to kill a couple more birds with one stone.
Well Chevy makes decent trucks too, as long as it's not a Ford. It's insane how many Fords there are in MN, I know several shops that won't even work on them because it's too much of a PITA.

And you can't really complain about fuel if you were going that direction anyway :tt2:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts