REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just started with 5 brothers. It has been two weeks and i have received no orders. I have been called maybe 10 times on rush orders they need covered and accepted a few. Is this normal with them how long does it take to start getting orders? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ok so I just started with 5 brothers. It has been two weeks and i have received no orders. I have been called maybe 10 times on rush orders they need covered and accepted a few. Is this normal with them how long does it take to start getting orders? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks
Lots of emails.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Its not a matter of IF you are going to get screwed............. its only a matter of when and how bad.

Reactions: mtmtnman and 68W30

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I have heard the horror stories. I do appreciate the warning and am approaching this with caution. Just looking for anybodys experience starting with them and how long it takes to get rolling.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts

This is where we are with them to this day. #NFG

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Erratic, irregular, annoying. Just thoughts that came to me.

Been with them a long time, have never done a lot of trashouts for them because we can't get approvals. One example of a hundred, they decided a 40x60 barn full of plastic 5 gallon greenhouse planters and flower pots were personals once and halted work on everything. 3-4 clerks will hammer you with emails notifying you of work orders due. Then they will hit you with the same numbers of emails for follow up questions. You answer one of them and the other three send you a "second notice" demanding an answer. Grass cuts pay ok.
The photo labeling system they use is awful, meaning none.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Erratic, irregular, annoying. Just thoughts that came to me.

Been with them a long time, have never done a lot of trashouts for them because we can't get approvals. One example of a hundred, they decided a 40x60 barn full of plastic 5 gallon greenhouse planters and flower pots were personals once and halted work on everything. 3-4 clerks will hammer you with emails notifying you of work orders due. Then they will hit you with the same numbers of emails for follow up questions. You answer one of them and the other three send you a "second notice" demanding an answer. Grass cuts pay ok.
The photo labeling system they use is awful, meaning none.
Oh I know all about that BS. Once drive 3 hours to be told bales of hay are personal property too. FML.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
They're not that bad. Well...only of you let them.
That is so true. I do alot with them as well, their discount is one of the lowest around. Kicker is to save everything, WO's email's bids, follow-up each phone conversation with an email documenting the conversations. Remember the required photo's that you'll forget. Turn the work in on time or explain why it may be late.
Don't hesitate to turn unreasonable work away, and be pro-active with the work, and bid everything.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
That is so true. I do alot with them as well, their discount is one of the lowest around. Kicker is to save everything, WO's email's bids, follow-up each phone conversation with an email documenting the conversations. Remember the required photo's that you'll forget. Turn the work in on time or explain why it may be late.
Don't hesitate to turn unreasonable work away, and be pro-active with the work, and bid everything.

Between them outright screwing me and their increasing and continuous demands....... it just wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I waited 2 months before I got anything. Then you're in training for 90 days so you're only allowed to have 5 active work orders at a time. there's no way around that. Just make sure you don't let a completed $30 order sit on your desk, or you'll miss out on that $800 FHA Initial Secure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When we worked for them, they had just changed their policy to 'if you don't bid it every single time, you go back and fix it at your cost.' We had a home that was wrecked, inside and out. We had bids to demolish it as it was condemned as an unsafe structure. They wanted us to go back and redo the porch that was falling down, as we didn't have a bid specifically to repair it. Just an overall bid to demolish. They also wanted us to paint the interior for free, as we didn't bid that either.

Yea, peace.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I hope you told them to get bent.

·
Registered
681 Posts
did an inspection on a house and bid to clean and rewint toilets. get a work order to do at own cost due to not reporting or having photos on an inspection I did back April(7 months ago).I looked back I had sent a emplyee to mow and had him take interior photos and sure enought no toilet photos. 5 Brother I thing has a team of people just looking for a reason to send a no charge order out. I don`t get them offend ,but when I do it pi&&es me off!

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
did an inspection on a house and bid to clean and rewint toilets. get a work order to do at own cost due to not reporting or having photos on an inspection I did back April(7 months ago).I looked back I had sent a emplyee to mow and had him take interior photos and sure enought no toilet photos. 5 Brother I thing has a team of people just looking for a reason to send a no charge order out. I don`t get them offend ,but when I do it pi&&es me off!
Been there, done that. . .

Now ALL my inspections come with a disclaimer that this was a very quick visual inspection and all items needing addressed may not have been observed on this visit. If it is observed on a future inspection, it will be addressed at that time.

2 Years of that disclaimer now & not one "No Charge WO for missing it on the first visit".

BTW, I do not do work for the Siblings.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Your disclaimer wouldn't work with the siblings.

They ignore nearly every thing you send in except what they want to see.

Reactions: NewEnglandProp
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.