REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I had contacted a company a few days ago and received this information back from them. I am in disbelief about pricing. I have seen regionals with better pricing.



Lockwork Per lock $36.00
Hasp and Padlock Per lock (A-389 only) $25.00
Chain and Padlock Per lock (A-389 with metal chain) $25.00
Barrel Bolt / Slide Bolt $15.00
Flip Lock $15.00
Thumb Screw Lock $2.50
Lockboxes $12.00

Small Opening Less than 2’x 4’ or less than 24” x 48” $24.00
Medium Opening 2’ x 4’ up to 4’ x 4’ or 48” x 48” $36.00
Large Opening 4’ x 4’ up to 4’ x 8’ or 48” up to 48” x 96” $48.00
Oversized Opening 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood required $56.00
Single-Panel Glass Slider Requires one sheet of plywood $56.00
Exterior Door $56.00
Maximum Security Door Price includes hasp, hinges and padlock
(A-389)
$80.00
Window Replacement Costs vary depending on size of window Per Bid

Domestic System Per unit. Lines blown with compressed air required2 $96 State of MN
Wet System Per unit. Drain heating system only $196 State of MN
De-Wint Per unit Half the price of a Wint.
Winterization Check $30.00

Debris Removal $20 per cubic yard
Hazardous Debris Removal Hazardous debris includes paint and tires (household cleaners are not
considered hazardous debris)
$20 per cubic yard
Vehicle Removal Includes lien check, towing, and permit cost (if required)4 $80.00
Interior Broom Sweep Included with debris removal Included

Sales Clean Detailed cleaning of property. Please refer to the Sales Clean Checklist
Square footage of property will be verified by Spectrum. Light bulbs
are included
.10 cents / sq ft
Carpet Clean Sq ft will be verified by Spectrum .12 cents / sq ft

Initial Yard Care Includes edging, sweeping, removal of clippings, and removal of
newspapers and misc. debris from porch.
$40
Re-cut Same as Initial Yard Care $30
Clipping Removal Included

Spa / Pool Drain Plus permit costs (if required) Per Bid
Shock Treatment Per Bid
Pool Cleaning Per Bid
Spa / Pool Cover Must meet local ordinances Per bid

Photos No Charge No Charge
Trip Charge $28.00
Occupancy Check $28.00
Eviction Attendance / Allow Access Per man, per hour $25.00
Snow Removal
Water Heater Straps $50.00
Smoke Detectors $20.00
CO Detectors $30.00
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK lemme rephrase then. Is there a point to the thread that you have posted? Are you venting?
 
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am expressing my dismay with this company, attempting to share this information with other contractors as well as opening avenues for compare/contrast with other service providers in the sphere of property preservation; more specifically: property preservation companies in the Midwest.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you just found a sub-contractor to do all your bidding.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$40 for an initial cut....um he## no. Unfortunately the other pricing seems to be the norm for rates as of late. Precisely why I am getting OUT of this business. An honest business owner just can't possibly make a legitimate go of it. Especially considering you are carrying the brunt of their insurance, going to be charged back continually...and then the all foresaken discount. C'mon man! What is this world coming to.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
72opp said:
I am expressing my dismay with this company, attempting to share this information with other contractors as well as opening avenues for compare/contrast with other service providers in the sphere of property preservation; more specifically: property preservation companies in the Midwest.
Gawd, what a windbag. Couldn't you just say you were venting.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
Who's the company giving you these rates? If you posted this as a warning, in addition to venting, it would be nice to know.

Why do you guys have to dog someone for a post like this? We all have frustrations with this industry but not all of us are likely to post them in exactly the same way.

If you read through the other threads, there are quite a few that started this way or at least along the same lines.

Linda
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a1propertyclean said:
Who's the company giving you these rates? If you posted this as a warning, in addition to venting, it would be nice to know.

Why do you guys have to dog someone for a post like this? We all have frustrations with this industry but not all of us are likely to post them in exactly the same way.

If you read through the other threads, there are quite a few that started this way or at least along the same lines.

Linda
Personally, I don't get the PP thing. I have yet to hear one good thing about it. All I hear is how little the pay is for this and for that. The simple answer is to not work for these people if you don't like the rates they give.

I don't see anyone dogging anyone above, maybe a little anti but what are we, so thin skinned we can't take some comments and opinions?
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
KentWhitten said:
I don't see anyone dogging anyone above, maybe a little anti but what are we, so thin skinned we can't take some comments and opinions?
Actually, I am not thin-skinned at all or I wouldn't be in this industry. It has its ups and downs and I move on when it's time to move on, same as anyone else.

But the comments made were not directed at me. They were directed at someone who admitted he was a newbie. And bashing newbies, especially, seems to happen at CT a lot. To me, it's disgusting that a new member is put on the defensive so often.

I come here to network and socialize as much as to learn and educate myself. I also come here to recruit, even if I don't do it openly. I work with many of the vendors at this forum but those whose attitudes are unprofessional are avoided. And who knows.......... they might be great guys and gals away from the forum, people I might enjoy working with.

A LOT of recruiters come to this forum. It's a very popular place these days. But a lot of vendors are passed over in the recruiting process by some very good companies.

So, while I'm not thin-skinned, someone who may have quite a bit to contribute might be and could be discouraged from posting any further. We don't all have to agree. In fact, I love a good debate. I just think that's name-calling is out of line.

Linda
 
7

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a1propertyclean said:
Who's the company giving you these rates? If you posted this as a warning, in addition to venting, it would be nice to know.

Why do you guys have to dog someone for a post like this? We all have frustrations with this industry but not all of us are likely to post them in exactly the same way.

If you read through the other threads, there are quite a few that started this way or at least along the same lines.

Linda
Spectrum. Also informed me through email that I can negotiate pricing. I have my doubts about this. I don't understand why they are so high on wint (I have seen a great deal lower amounts given) and so low on debris.
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
72opp said:
Spectrum. Also informed me through email that I can negotiate pricing. I have my doubts about this. I don't understand why they are so high on wint (I have seen a great deal lower amounts given) and so low on debris.
Actually, they are not high on wints. But they offer more than the majority of the companies out there.

$20 cy for debris removal is definitely low. Some companies will give more on some items and less on others, depending on where they want to make their profits.

In some cases, it won't affect the vendor much or even at all, especially if there's little to no debris to remove. Then they get paid the higher rate for all the other services. Just be sure you find out what their discount is and whether the pricing already reflects it.

As in everything else, though, you are the only one who can determine whether a prospective client's pricing works for you and either accept or decline.

Linda
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
72opp said:
Carpet Clean Sq ft will be verified by Spectrum .12 cents / sq ft
.12 cents / sq ft???

How can anyone clean 2000 square feet of carpet for $2.40?
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thom said:
.12 cents / sq ft???

How can anyone clean 2000 square feet of carpet for $2.40?
Fire that one off to your accountant and see what he comes up with:blink:
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
Can't be done at .12 / sf. It can barely be done for between .20 and .25, which is what I've been quoted in the past.

And, even then, it's not worth doing because you have to guarantee NO SPOTS on completion. Carpet can look great when you leave, then spots appear later and they send you back. That's why we don't even offer carpet cleaning. Not to mention, our insurance company won't insure "slip & fall" risks.

Linda
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only dogging that has occured here is on the OP for writing a book when a sentance would do, and on Thom, cause he can't count
 

·
Property Preservation
Joined
·
883 Posts
Anti-wingnut said:
The only dogging that has occured here is on the OP for writing a book when a sentance would do, and on Thom, cause he can't count
He was posting a price schedule. We see a lot of that around here. It's not unusual and, for other vendors, it's welcome because then they can decide who to pursue and who to avoid.:thumbsup:

Linda
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't saying you were thin skinned.

This is a contractor site and with the fact that people are in construction here, that usually means things are a little rough around the edges. We're not picking daisies and hugging each other. I hardly think "windbag" is bashing.

Many times, the ribbing is a form of initiation, to see the reaction. If it's a favorable reaction, then one is quite warmly welcomed, but ribbing will continue even though the person is accepted. It is just one type of male bonding. Too bad you think it's disgusting. I just don't think you quite grasp the male concept of comraderie. I certainly don't grasp why women all go to the bathroom together.

The reaction and the opinion of newbies (isn't that bashing and name calling in itself?) is only their perspective. I've been here quite awhile and have seen the extremes of both sides. Some know how to roll with the punches, some don't. We can't accommodate everyone. And while for the most part we keep personal attacks to a minimum, we certainly are not going to regulate and discuss each and every comment to ascertain whether someone is going to get their feelings hurt or not.

a1propertyclean said:
Actually, I am not thin-skinned at all or I wouldn't be in this industry. It has its ups and downs and I move on when it's time to move on, same as anyone else.

But the comments made were not directed at me. They were directed at someone who admitted he was a newbie. And bashing newbies, especially, seems to happen at CT a lot. To me, it's disgusting that a new member is put on the defensive so often.

I come here to network and socialize as much as to learn and educate myself. I also come here to recruit, even if I don't do it openly. I work with many of the vendors at this forum but those whose attitudes are unprofessional are avoided. And who knows.......... they might be great guys and gals away from the forum, people I might enjoy working with.

A LOT of recruiters come to this forum. It's a very popular place these days. But a lot of vendors are passed over in the recruiting process by some very good companies.

So, while I'm not thin-skinned, someone who may have quite a bit to contribute might be and could be discouraged from posting any further. We don't all have to agree. In fact, I love a good debate. I just think that's name-calling is out of line.

Linda
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top