REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how i handled this but curious what you would have done.
P.S. I do very little work for them

Hello,
We are needing updated information on yourself and any employee's you have doing work for you. We will need all the information no later than March 26th, 2013. This is an urgent matter and we will need it in order to be able to keep sending you work. If the information is not received by the deadline noted we will have to stop sending you work. We will need this for your entire staff, including 1099 employees. This is a request of a vendor we work with and is very important. Below I will list all of the information we need. We will need it all accurately and completely. If you have any questions regarding the information needed please contact me via email or through the extension below. We appreciate the work you do for us and apologize if this is of any inconvenience to you.

1. Name of yourself and all employees doing work for you in the field-First, last and middle initial.
2. Street address including: number, street name, apt #, and the county in which you or your employees each reside in.
3. Phone numbers for each employee including yourself. A cell and home phone if available.
4. Driver's License number and expiration date
5. Social Security numbers
6. Date of birth for yourself and each employee.
7. We will also need to perform a background check on each person you list. We will be checking for felonies. This will be at your cost and will be done through a payroll deduction.

Thank you,

·
Registered
236 Posts
i know how i handled this but curious what you would have done.
P.s. I do very little work for them

hello,
we are needing updated information on yourself and any employee's you have doing work for you. We will need all the information no later than march 26th, 2013. This is an urgent matter and we will need it in order to be able to keep sending you work. If the information is not received by the deadline noted we will have to stop sending you work. We will need this for your entire staff, including 1099 employees. This is a request of a vendor we work with and is very important. Below i will list all of the information we need. We will need it all accurately and completely. If you have any questions regarding the information needed please contact me via email or through the extension below. We appreciate the work you do for us and apologize if this is of any inconvenience to you.

1. Name of yourself and all employees doing work for you in the field-first, last and middle initial.
2. Street address including: Number, street name, apt #, and the county in which you or your employees each reside in.
3. Phone numbers for each employee including yourself. A cell and home phone if available.
4. Driver's license number and expiration date
5. Social security numbers
6. Date of birth for yourself and each employee.
7. We will also need to perform a background check on each person you list. We will be checking for felonies. This will be at your cost and will be done through a payroll deduction.

Thank you,

none of their bizzness! Your are ic.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Ask if you''ll be receiving benefits????
That is crap as that makes you their employee....and everyone else working for you...
How is asking for this???
Nppg is getting ready to do an article on this....curently gathering information...

Reactions: 68W30

·
Registered
588 Posts
1. If they want a background check I can supply them with my own from all of the licenses I have. I am not paying them to do one.
2. My contractors are not giving me that information. I screen my contractors and they all have licenses and insurance.
3. My company has a FEIN number and that is what I supply.
End of story!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is their response

Paul,
I do understand your frustration with this matter but it's nothing we have control of. We will need all the information we asked for. This would be for yourself and any employees working for you. We are working at getting the best price possible for the background checks and as we learn more information later this afternoon we will be getting back with you. Again, I apologize for the trouble.

My answer: There is no frustration as you say. nice doing business with you

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
What I said in another thread was, when you have someone who walks into your office, goes thru your paperwork, insurance, accounting, rules and policies, and then starts dictating to you, it is time to plant a foot in their crack and throw them out.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
This will be at your cost and will be done through a payroll deduction.

Thank you,

I'd have told them since they are doing payroll to send me my insurance information as I've got a medical condition that needs to be looked at urgently.

My god, how is it these clowns keep breaking the independent contractor veil over and over and over and over and get away with it?

Reactions: thanohano44

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
I'd have told them since they are doing payroll to send me my insurance information as I've got a medical condition that needs to be looked at urgently.

My god, how is it these clowns keep breaking the independent contractor veil over and over and over and over and get away with it?
Because everyone is so affriad of not having work they continue to allow these companies to chip away...just as our Bill of Rights get chipped everytine the police need more leinantcy for their survalience or wire tapping....you know it is acceptable to place tracking devices on your automobile in a parking lot at a supermarket????(I know off subject)

But as things have continues to spiral out of control in the industry everyone continues to allow what is going on to happen...

I'll say it again....until you sock the bully in the mouth he will continue to take your lunch money....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You mean like the 15x11 porch roof MCS wants me to tear off (haul away) and shingle for $384.

:whistling2::whistling2:

I will watch tv first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Corelogic sent out a very similar memo. You have to provide all of the info for your contractors. They are actually changing their website, so that you'll need to indicate which contractor did each job/etc before you can submit work. It's at the National level.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
It'd be interesting to hear a legal brief on this nuance of contract law.

I'm sure even that varies by state law.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Because everyone is so affriad of not having work they continue to allow these companies to chip away...just as our Bill of Rights get chipped everytine the police need more leinantcy for their survalience or wire tapping....you know it is acceptable to place tracking devices on your automobile in a parking lot at a supermarket????(I know off subject)

But as things have continues to spiral out of control in the industry everyone continues to allow what is going on to happen...

I'll say it again....until you sock the bully in the mouth he will continue to take your lunch money....
I know it's been said before on this forum, but there is a reason we make the decision to be our own boss and run our own business. If I wanted to be told where, what, when and how much I'll get, I would be someones employee. Been there done that. Everybody has their own circumstances,I understand that some here may have to put up with bullsh*t. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to feed the family and pay the bills. I'm lucky enough to live in an affluent county so there is work (lawncare/handyman) if I hustle for it. I've stuck to my guns on what I will and won't do for these companies and learned over the last couple years they're not for me and I'm not for them. I hope you all find the work you want and deserve, but I've tested the waters long enough with PP and will move ahead with building the other part of my business.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts