REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in the NW Georgia / SE Tennessee area and have a short list of companies / contractors to stay away from.

RPM Services, RPS Services, Scott Allen Raines, Allen Raines, Alfie Raines, Janet Raines. This is all one person...google him.

Surety Lending Solutions. Paid me $190.00, I think, to tarp a split level 2000 sq ft house. Also took over 90 days to pay on their 45 day payment schedule.

DMC Mortgage Service. They got me to do work for them and then simply stopped answering their phones, emails and texts.

I'm interested to know if anyone else on this forum has had similar experiences with any of these "operators"

On a positive note: I found this site today and have spent (too) many hours reading posts from experienced vendors and increasing my overall understanding of this industry. Thanks for a great site and for confirming that I am not alone in my PP experiences.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Welcome aboard. Your list of alias' sounds like a criminal background check. I'm sorry to say that it isn't rare.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice list,at least one of these outfits operates in my area and they're always trolling for new victims around here.
It would be nice to have" a Beware of " sticky on the site, but it would probably contain the names of 90% of the Regionals......

·
Registered
580 Posts
You tarped a 2000 sq ft roof for $190.00, YOU THINK? The regional you did that for made a huge profit off you. I bet they laughed all the way to the bank when you accepted that. Heck I started laughing when I read that.

I work in the NW Georgia / SE Tennessee area and have a short list of companies / contractors to stay away from.

RPM Services, RPS Services, Scott Allen Raines, Allen Raines, Alfie Raines, Janet Raines. This is all one person...google him.

Surety Lending Solutions. Paid me $190.00, I think, to tarp a split level 2000 sq ft house. Also took over 90 days to pay on their 45 day payment schedule.

DMC Mortgage Service. They got me to do work for them and then simply stopped answering their phones, emails and texts.

I'm interested to know if anyone else on this forum has had similar experiences with any of these "operators"

On a positive note: I found this site today and have spent (too) many hours reading posts from experienced vendors and increasing my overall understanding of this industry. Thanks for a great site and for confirming that I am not alone in my PP experiences.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
You tarped a 2000 sq ft roof for $190.00, YOU THINK? The regional you did that for made a huge profit off you. I bet they laughed all the way to the bank when you accepted that. Heck I started laughing when I read that.
No way the $190 covered the tarps, lath, and nails, fuel to drive there, etc. unless they were all items found in a trashout......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They told me $1000.00. That's why I did the tarp job in the first place. They have paid me 2 amounts of money that I am unable to reconcile to any job so I am generously adding them together and calling it payment for the job. In reality it may be less that $190.00

Maybe I should go repo the tarp and see what happens. Lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
I still say $1000.00 is a bit on the cheap side but what do I know I'm just a "contractor".

They told me $1000.00. That's why I did the tarp job in the first place. They have paid me 2 amounts of money that I am unable to reconcile to any job so I am generously adding them together and calling it payment for the job. In reality it may be less that $190.00

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts

Rule #1. Never do anything that hasn't been agreed upon in writing. When companies plant these maroons in row after row of cubicles, the last time you may ever speak to one specific individual is after they "promised" you a job, a bid, an approval, bla bla bla. "Just complete the order now and we'll send over the details later, thanks." Then you see your check and call and that clown is unknown to everyone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No way the $190 covered the tarps, lath, and nails, fuel to drive there, etc. unless they were all items found in a trashout......
It`s still not any of their business were you get your supplies, only that the job gets done. I have an old barn I keep doors,plywood,2x4`s ects. We all know how sucky board ups pay!!!!

Around two years ago when I was still doing work for FAS ,I sent in a bid to tarp a 20' x 20'(really about 10' x 15' always over estimate)for $325(this covered My employee, travel time there and back, materials, ect) Got a call from FAS coordinator saying my bid was too high! Just for laughs I asked what she though was reasonable. she said $125 and was getting it for that all the time! I laughed saying she needed to get one of them to do, I needed to send my guys out to do job that I would make money and lose money! A week later I was at property to winterize and could see the tarp flapping like a flag on the roof. wish I would have had that coordinator`s email so I could have sent her the photo of her $125 tarp job!

·
Registered
847 Posts
It`s still not any of their business were you get your supplies, only that the job gets done. I have an old barn I keep doors,plywood,2x4`s ects. We all know how sucky board ups pay!!!!

Around two years ago when I was still doing work for FAS ,I sent in a bid to tarp a 20' x 20'(really about 10' x 15' always over estimate)for $325(this covered My employee, travel time there and back, materials, ect) Got a call from FAS coordinator saying my bid was too high! Just for laughs I asked what she though was reasonable. she said $125 and was getting it for that all the time! I laughed saying she needed to get one of them to do, I needed to send my guys out to do job that I would make money and lose money! A week later I was at property to winterize and could see the tarp flapping like a flag on the roof. wish I would have had that coordinator`s email so I could have sent her the photo of her $125 tarp job!
You could of put a bid in to re-tarp..... , im sure that would of went over well.... lol...:whistling2::whistling2::whistling2:

·
Registered
343 Posts

weve been known to repo

:whistling2:i even heard of a guy who did a repo on door locks and returned the debris to the site :whistling2:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Yep, knew a guy (no longer in the business) who was chargedback the entire trashout amount by FAS for supposedly running past the deadline. $1600. He actually was doing it as a fovor for them since the first crew bailed so he wasn't late; they did it in a day and a half. Field Assets wouldn't budge in their decision so he brought a loaded trailer back and filled the living room, stairs into the basement and the garage. That was his last job for FAS...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yep, knew a guy (no longer in the business) who was chargedback the entire trashout amount by FAS for supposedly running past the deadline. $1600. He actually was doing it as a fovor for them since the first crew bailed so he wasn't late; they did it in a day and a half. Field Assets wouldn't budge in their decision so he brought a loaded trailer back and filled the living room, stairs into the basement and the garage. That was his last job for FAS...

FAS sucks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Met a local water company guy turning on utilities at a house, and he told me about one if his landlord buddies that evicted a non-paying tenant who left a lot of trash/junk behind. When the landlord loaded up their dump truck with all of the debris they left behind, they found out where tenant moved, went over there, backed into front yard, tenant came out yelling, and they and dumped it on their front step and left.

·
Registered
17 Posts
O ****

:blink: I just saw a company I'm dealing with on the list you left. They owe me about 10k right now. I got my first check ($18 initial insp.) and the first big one is due next week. Has anyone else had the same problem from SLS? What can I do to collect my money if they do decide to not pay? Can you give me some more details like did they say you didn't complete the job or just change the price on you? I have breakdowns of all of the work I was tasked with in email form if this list contains prices is that a binding contract? Like I said Oh ****. I've read a bunch of horror stories but I've never seen my clients name on a list.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Good info guys...I've placed the names on the other site I post on...LinkedIn and the information exchange on Facebook....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts