REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rarely do wints in my area, but are traveling up north and they are pretty mandatory so I need to purchase a gas compressor, does this description seem correct? We had one to plug into our generator but it magically fell off the truck 6 months ago and I can't remember the specifics of it. Thanks so much! Description below

NEW! 6.5 HP 10 Gal Air Gas Compressor, Belt Drive 425.00
(Two x 5Gal Tanks) This 6.5 HP 10 Gal Air Compressor, Belt Drive (Two x 5Gal Tanks) is currently In-Stock and available for immediate shipping. Save Now on this Neiko Air Gas Compressor,
EPA Approved
6.5HP
Engine Type: 168F
No Load Speed: 1200rpm
Max Pressure: 125psi
Displacement: [email protected]/ [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
We rarely do wints in my area, but are traveling up north and they are pretty mandatory so I need to purchase a gas compressor, does this description seem correct? We had one to plug into our generator but it magically fell off the truck 6 months ago and I can't remember the specifics of it. Thanks so much! Description below

NEW! 6.5 HP 10 Gal Air Gas Compressor, Belt Drive 425.00
(Two x 5Gal Tanks) This 6.5 HP 10 Gal Air Compressor, Belt Drive (Two x 5Gal Tanks) is currently In-Stock and available for immediate shipping. Save Now on this Neiko Air Gas Compressor,
EPA Approved
6.5HP
Engine Type: 168F
No Load Speed: 1200rpm
Max Pressure: 125psi
Displacement: [email protected]/ [email protected]
I have a Rolair and a Hitachi wheel barrow compressor. The Rolair is much quieter but stands really tall and is a lot heavier. The Hitachi is noisey, light and has been in the shop 3 times in the last 16 months.

Keep in mind I use mine for roofing too, not just wintz.

My biggest reccomendation is to get something with a good engine on it. I tend to only buy Honda powered equipment.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a Rolair and a Hitachi wheel barrow compressor. The Rolair is much quieter but stands really tall and is a lot heavier. The Hitachi is noisey, light and has been in the shop 3 times in the last 16 months.

Keep in mind I use mine for roofing too, not just wintz.

My biggest reccomendation is to get something with a good engine on it. I tend to only buy Honda powered equipment.
YES HONDA or Briggs and Straton !! NO TECHEMSEA I found one at a trashout and cleaned it up was noisy but it has served me well It had a Robins subaru engine on it . Ran like a top was expensive on parts tho' $75 for a carb kit.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Hey Blondie...That is not a bad price on the one you posted...Even Harbor Frieghts one sell for around 6-700.
But the one you listed will cover all the req's for the service....

·
Registered
343 Posts
we run the titans ( bright yellow) with the honda motors my newest was purchased from a yard sale person bought it never fired it up had it for 4 years in its shipping packaging 400 another tip put your lines on hose reels and only use rubber lines the plastic air line when cold are a PITA and always blow out your drain lines between stops they freeze up in the back of the truck

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I'm guessing boilers with the old cast iron radiators. Gotta get the lines cleared in under 2 minutes.....Whats the CFM on something like that?

375, says right on it. :lol: :lol:

I used a 185 once when I had it rented for blowing out sprinkler lines.
Turn the PSI down to 30 and get all over it, trailer house lines blown in mere moments. :thumbup:

Reactions: 68W30

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

why do you want gas?

Id rather have an electric and a generator because then when the houses have electricity I don't need to run 100' of hose.

I do a couple hundred wints a year and I use a $125 bostich 2gal. I think its 4cubic ft at 40psi/min. Then I have a 1600watt generator for when there is no power. Total cost of the setup was like $300 and generally lasts about 5 years before replacing (or until I drop it enough that it stops working).

We have had the discussion over and over here with people claming that you cant do a wint with less then 14 cu ft/min, but I've never once had to do a freeze repair because of a failed wint so.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
A gas 9 or 12 cfm is faster.

And you can't deny it.

Your set up is the last thing I'd want, but if it works for you go for it.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I have a 2 gallon I use for my framing nailer. I have tried to do wints with it a few times and it takes literally FOREVER!! My 12cfm gas will charge an entire house in 3-4 minutes. The twin tank takes better than 10 minutes......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts