REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this stuff is normal in this line of work...Im a sub

I have gone to a property twice now that turned out to be a empty dirt lot for an intial, Once I had a w/o come in and went to the property and it was actually on a whole different side of town.

Then just recently I received a rework order where no one could gain entry via a lock that had been changed, So i decided to call the realtor and verify which exact lock so after being passed to 3 different people im finally told this had been taken care of a while ago???

Im a little pissed because if i would have just jumped in my truck and took off i would have driven 160+ miles for absolutely no reason

Sorry had to vent people around me don't understand this stuff lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just wondering if this stuff is normal in this line of work...Im a sub

I have gone to a property twice now that turned out to be a empty dirt lot for an intial, Once I had a w/o come in and went to the property and it was actually on a whole different side of town.

Then just recently I received a rework order where no one could gain entry via a lock that had been changed, So i decided to call the realtor and verify which exact lock so after being passed to 3 different people im finally told this had been taken care of a while ago???

Im a little pissed because if i would have just jumped in my truck and took off i would have driven 160+ miles for absolutely no reason

Sorry had to vent people around me don't understand this stuff lol
You are smarter than most FNG's You called ahead to talk to the realtor !! On initial services call the electrical companies or water co and ask if there has been a drop in consumption saying you are a repo agent and want to knkow before driving 80 miles one way if tyou are on a wild gfoose chase. Usally they will tell you and perhaps you can take your motorcycle instead of your 5 MPG truck to get the pictures of the property.

Smarter NOT HARDER
Welcome to the club

Splinter

·
Registered
588 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I have gotten work orders for a lock change because it was reported vacant. Yup get there and the property is occupied. Once I received 2 work orders for the same property. Both times it was occupied. The third one I just said have somebody else go.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Back in the early days of this P&P game, we got an order on a late friday to winterize, secure, board up a 4 unit 2 story apartment building in a city 110 miles one way. I believe it was Cyprexx. Stupidly, I sent a crew of 4 without doing any homework. They called me from site Saturday morning that the place was burned to the ground and nothing was there but a semi backfilled basement. $25 trip charge. Paid to learn that lesson...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have gone to a property twice now that turned out to be a empty dirt lot for an intial

we did the same years ago and on the second trip they tried to deny the trip charge , said we should have known better

AHHHH becoming a seasoned PandP Guy welcome to the world yea this is standard form here Dont worry it gets worse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts