REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AIM used to be a great client for me.

Never big but consistent good work. We did about 10k per month for them.

Last 2 months, things have fallen off completely in terms of volume, and paying invoices.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Sometimes I ask if it's my company with the problem or not.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
foothillsco said:

Last 2 months, things have fallen off completely in terms of volume, and paying invoices.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Sometimes I ask if it's my company with the problem or not.
Same. I think Bpwy has the same experience.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
foothillsco said:

Like you they were a great client. My $$$ was not what yours was but it was some thing and they always paid on time.

Then they started getting real needy and demanding int photos with every grass cut or they would dock your pay.
Some times I did, some times I didn't. Depended on what I felt like while doing the grass cut.
Then in early July (i think, or was it june) they sent out an email announcing a massive pay reduction taking effect in just 2 days.

At that point I told them to get lost. There was no way I was working for substantially less than HUD.
They claimed that was the way the industry was headed. I told them thats fine..... it was headed that way with out me.

My first check after quitting was on time, the second one was over 60 days.

They sure look to me like a company that is struggling in a big way and just might be on the way out.
I don't know if they had a change in directors or what happened but they sure went down the toilet in a hurry!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reply to foothillsco re" AIM America's Infomart

Hi Foothillsco -

I encourage you to contact AIM - America's Infomart by phone and speak directly with the person that was giving you the work. If you ask politely and have a job order number or two handy, they will be delighted to look up your history and share with you what may have happened. Ask if you can be reinstated, and get an update on current procedures so you'll know what to expect and whether it will work for you.

It's important to understand that there will be parts of the work which may make no financial sense on their own, however on those properties needing additional services, I've found that that has more than made up for the difference.

But things may be different in your local area and I understand that.

This company is doing it's best to adapt to the changing rules set by its clients (mostly banks, I think), and they are truly committed to preserving neighborhoods one house at a time.

Good communication can go a long way to develop a better working relationship with any company, and AIM is no exception.

foothillsco said:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AIM - America's Informart - reply to BPWY

Hi BPWY -

Looks like you were working with them right when everything was hitting the you know what. Like many of these types of companies, the growth was just overwhelming for them and took a while to get a handle on.

The extra photos you are posting about are a result of demands from AIM's clients and they have told me they have no leeway in not having those - it's a requirement. So if you didn't "feel like it" they got the impression most likely that you weren't dependable. We've had things happen, we all do, but the best thing to do is call right away from the property if you are having an issue. There are extended hours and if I had something urgent, I've found someone available at almost any time, (OK, I don't send my crew out on Sundays, so I don't know about that.).

Like I posted to foothillsco, some of the work makes no sense but AIM is limited by the clients guidelines, but a good consistent effort can yield some additional work that has kept my guys out there when other companies have had to cut and that means I've been out in more neighborhoods with more marketing to neighbors and that's resulted in a higher profile and more non-AIM work, so for me, it's worth it to see beyond the initial job and focus on the overall business.

BTW, I think AIM is an established company - someone there told me that they had been around since at least the late eighties.

BPWY said:
Like you they were a great client. My $$$ was not what yours was but it was some thing and they always paid on time.

Then they started getting real needy and demanding int photos with every grass cut or they would dock your pay.
Some times I did, some times I didn't. Depended on what I felt like while doing the grass cut.
Then in early July (i think, or was it june) they sent out an email announcing a massive pay reduction taking effect in just 2 days.

At that point I told them to get lost. There was no way I was working for substantially less than HUD.
They claimed that was the way the industry was headed. I told them thats fine..... it was headed that way with out me.

My first check after quitting was on time, the second one was over 60 days.

They sure look to me like a company that is struggling in a big way and just might be on the way out.
I don't know if they had a change in directors or what happened but they sure went down the toilet in a hurry!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Tell me how I can love you better
Show me how I can support your needs
Give me strength to learn to love you better
So our love will grow and grow forever and ever

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Gillian,

Forgive me for stating the very obvious...........

You really do sound like a company plant.... aka water carrier.

I do not give a damn what their clients demand. Their contract with me stated certain prices. Them breaking that with two day notice and no contractor involvement is straight BS.

And when I emailed them about it they didn't bother to reply.
This is not how a reputable company works.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. Someone from there keeps calling- but after I chatted with them once - (We only do REO Repair and Flooring) they still keep calling about Property Pres- it's a little odd.

·
Registered
751 Posts
thanohano44 said:
OMG... ROTFLMFAO :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I'm not sure I even want to know what metro sexual station you were listening to when that came over.
Certainly none that I've ever listened to.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanohano44 said:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Troy the ROMANTIC?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Looks like Gillian probably made their 2nd and last post.

Our experience,
AIM paid slow, website was tedious and clunky.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
GTX63 said:
Looks like Gillian probably made their 2nd and last post.

Our experience,
AIM paid slow, website was tedious and clunky.

I only tried their website once. It was badly badly out dated and didn't have places for all the info, photos and invoice to be up loaded. Resulting in calls and emails looking for missing info.

I went back to the paper forms.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL!!! "Gillian" was a company flunkie! Duh...:no:

The last last minute order they attempted to send my company was not even listed on their website for my company to accept. No documentation = no work! What...you want me to trust you? ha ha ha ha :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Now days the company B word are so easy to spot.

The only guys being BSed by them is themselves.
It sure aint the rest of us buying into their line of feces.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts