REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why AMS has started requiring VINs for all field vehicles? This seems like way too much information to be giving to an client and I can't see any way that it protects them to have this information.

·
Motivator
267 Posts
Could be multiple reasons:
1. To verify ownership/insurability
2. For reporting to the feds in the event that authorities are alerted
3. Covering their a$$es in the event that an accident/incident occurs

As with most government contracts, who knows the why's to some of the bureaucracy and red tape that is involved.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Could be multiple reasons:
1. To verify ownership/insurability
2. For reporting to the feds in the event that authorities are alerted
3. Covering their a$$es in the event that an accident/incident occurs

As with most government contracts, who knows the why's to some of the bureaucracy and red tape that is involved.
When I was a construction superintendent for a large development company I was required to obtain VIN's & proof of insurance for those VIN's from all vehicles owned by any subs that would be present on any jobsite. It was obviously a protection for my employer against any liability caused by those vehicles. Funny thing is, they never asked for a VIN or proof of insurance from my personal vehicle that they reimbursed me for using daily.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I wouldn't want to give it to them.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Show me the money boys and then I can be bothered...

For sure.

For what they pay ......... I'd tell them the camera broke and theres no money for a new one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what AMS told me they wanted to make sure there vendors had proper cars/trucks for there workload.I say cars because we all know there are vendors out there putting mowers and compressors in cars

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what AMS told me they wanted to make sure there vendors had proper cars/trucks for there workload.I say cars because we all know there are vendors out there putting mowers and compressors in cars
I started out 4 years ago driving an old Buick with the rear seat down and coveredt with plywood. That's where I put my compressor and mower. All other tools were in the trunk.

I seemed to do pretty good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I started out 4 years ago driving an old Buick with the rear seat down and coveredt with plywood. That's where I put my compressor and mower. All other tools were in the trunk.

I seemed to do pretty good.
Whatever works for you is what works for you.Did you upgrade to a jetta yet?I hear they are great for REO work

·
Registered
694 Posts
You laugh but we've had 100+ winterizations in the last two weeks and I'm half tempted to throw the compressor in the trunk of my kia(those things have a pretty good size trunk) and go do winterizations with it. I covered 600 miles Mon/Tues just doing winterizations, didn't even get through 1/3 of what I have.

Can't beat 30 MPG. 30 MPG versus the 12 I was getting in the vehicle I took, would save me over $100.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
You laugh but we've had 100+ winterizations in the last two weeks and I'm half tempted to throw the compressor in the trunk of my kia(those things have a pretty good size trunk) and go do winterizations with it. I covered 600 miles Mon/Tues just doing winterizations, didn't even get through 1/3 of what I have.

Can't beat 30 MPG. 30 MPG versus the 12 I was getting in the vehicle I took, would save me over $100.

If it fits, roll with it.

The older one gets the less they care about looks. Comfort and money become more important than looking "hot". :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
If it fits, roll with it.

The older one gets the less they care about looks. Comfort and money become more important than looking "hot". :thumbup:
Paul, have I ever sent you a pic of my truck?:whistling2:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I don't believe I've seen it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts