REO Property Preservation Forum banner

AMS Cash For Keys

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Wannabe 
#1 ·
At ams last flat rate I found it difficult to turn a profit but now it has become impossible.

They have a new flat rate price under the guise of cash for keys which drops the former trash out price of $440 down to $175.

So if you are assigned a condo with no landscaping the most you can expect to get paid is $300 ($175 plus $125 cleaning) and if you get less than a perfect score you will only gross $240 after they take the 20%.

I was told that the cash for keys orders should have less than 8 cyds. So what this means to me is no more easy jobs. The broker will probably report how much debris there is and regardless of if it was a real cash for keys or not they will knock the price down on every order they can

#2 ·
With AMS on a CFK order are you not meeting the Realtor and former occupant for a CFK exchange? At which point you inspect the property and it either passes or fails? Every CFK contract I've seen states the property has to be free of debris AND fully cleaned in order to receive their check.

#5 ·
Here the Broker handles the CFK--- No Contractor Allowed. The Broker is told that they prior occupant can leave 5-10cyd of debris and the cleanup crew will remove it.

Last week we helped a prior occupant remove the last 10cyd on the top of their trailer and jammed into their Surburban so the cleanout crew didn't have to haul it off... We were changing the locks for the Realtor and the Realtor was trying to get the prior homeowner to get it ALL packed off.....

I feel sorry for the AMS crews!!!

#6 ·
they sent me one of these, thank god i'm done doing preservation work. its starting to become a joke. AMS isn't all too bad with their flats (not good either) but i did about 60 initials and it usually balanced out, some had 20-30 yards but many of them had only 0-10. i think this is just a way you cut your check a little more. If your in an area where they don't have a lot of contractors just say you won't do them or you will do them for your initially agreed upon flat rate. Saying NO feels soo good

#7 ·
we just did one with literally 10 cyds. They cancel the cfk and pay flat rate. The forst one we did was less than 1 cyd, so i was happy to not only be making $100 on a jani. It really is win/lose some. But just think back to how depressed you were going 60 miles to a janitorial with 1 cyd that paid $32. And spending 12 hours to clean it. I am not opposed to the flat fee at all. At least you know what your making for the day. And Im sure many will disagree, but I lost a lot of money with the individual cyd pricing and paying labor.

#11 ·
I have learned to pick apart every property and find ways to add money to the flat rate.

Over 2,000 SF - I get more.
Exceptionally filthy - I get more.
Extra heavy debris - I get more.
Paint, oil, grease, and other hazards - I get more.
Sure I will haul away 20 CY of tree limbs and plant cuttings as my debris count. But if you want them cut down you gotta pay more.
Incorrectly installed window board ups - I get full price to redo them correctly.
Padlocks, window locks, hasps, tires, fence repairs, scrap metal - Cha Ching.

Rarely do I get just the flat rate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.