REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are all you Michigan guys/gals making boat loads of money?
My dang helicopter had the time space continual break down today. Good thing they are going to fix it for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You know how I feel about them:mad::censored::furious:. I hope this dont last long. They flooded our area with I imagine 30+ self titled "contractors". AMS application requirments are as follows " Ideal contractor must have, pulse, and insurance. If you meet these requirment please sign up so we can F you".

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
HollandPPC said:
So are all you Michigan guys/gals making boat loads of money?
My dang helicopter had the time space continual break down today. Good thing they are going to fix it for me.
They also cover American Samoa and Guam. They have no coverage in American Samoa and know that I speak Samoan and lived there as a child. They've asked of I have anyone there that could do the work. I said only if you pay 50% up front and the rest when completed. They took offense to that. I sent them a screen shot of how much it would cost to send me there from Honolulu to Pago Pago. The tools I would need to purchase to get the work done. Lodging. Meals. Etc. plus reminded them it's a tiny island without a home depot and poor cell service.

I advised them I doubt someone there is sitting on Craigslist looking for work. And I'm not sure there even is a American Samoa section on Craigslist.

Tofa soifua lau AMS.

G

·
RKRM said:
You know how I feel about them:mad::censored::furious:. I hope this dont last long. They flooded our area with I imagine 30+ self titled "contractors". AMS application requirments are as follows " Ideal contractor must have, pulse, and insurance. If you meet these requirment please sign up so we can F you".
That fully explains why so many of these guys have popped up around here the last few months.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Man you guys must have an unlimited supply of newbies. We had out growing pains the 1st 6 months of 2010 but things shook out after they went through a half dozen contractors and we ended up getting what we wanted here. FWIW, Safeguard has failed NEARLY everyproperty since they started here in august and all the routines are failing as the hack MH lawn has hired is only doing perimeter cuts when there supposed to be doing an acre......:clap::clap:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtmtnman said:
Man you guys must have an unlimited supply of newbies. We had out growing pains the 1st 6 months of 2010 but things shook out after they went through a half dozen contractors and we ended up getting what we wanted here. FWIW, Safeguard has failed NEARLY everyproperty since they started here in august and all the routines are failing as the hack MH lawn has hired is only doing perimeter cuts when there supposed to be doing an acre......:clap::clap:
Almost every AMS clean out fails QC. Just like safeguard the only difference is AMS pays considerably less.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
HollandPPC said:
Almost every AMS clean out fails QC. Just like safeguard the only difference is AMS pays considerably less.

Sounds like the real problem is the P&P contractors are slacking. The homes here, the vast majority are getting broom swept BEFORE they go REO.........

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtmtnman said:
Sounds like the real problem is the P&P contractors are slacking. The homes here, the vast majority are getting broom swept BEFORE they go REO.........
Yeah not the same story.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mtmtnman said:
How are they conveying when they are not in conveyance condition??
You can report all these issues and some of the FSMs refuse to acknowledge the issues. They just want the job done so they can get paid. It is not unusual to have a home be conveyed with 5-10 CYD of interior debris in all the usual hiding places. A couple contractors fir 5 Bros are notorious for stuffing crap in basement rooms and screwing the door shut in hopes it won't be found.

G

·
I got them to up the pay and they even emailed updated prices and I never heard a word back from them. They must of got somebody to work for the low pay.

I think they are doing 75% or more in house in michigan the local branch on alpine as about 25 dump trucks park in the outside storage yard now. Not sure but I don't see enough volume to keep all those trucks working. The fannie inventory is down so maybe they are going to start unloading that shadow inventory we have been hearing about for the last 3 years

I couldn't care less I never did fannie mae work and its not my bread and butter.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
mtmtnman said:

We've already been thru that.
For what ever reason only your area was like this.

mtmtnman said:
How are they conveying when they are not in conveyance condition??
You tell me, I can go to my old computer and start digging up a ton of pics of Fannie houses that I did for SG the last two winters. Not even a little bit broom swept with no debris.

HollandPPC said:
You can report all these issues and some of the FSMs refuse to acknowledge the issues. They just want the job done so they can get paid. It is not unusual to have a home be conveyed with 5-10 CYD of interior debris in all the usual hiding places. A couple contractors fir 5 Bros are notorious for stuffing crap in basement rooms and screwing the door shut in hopes it won't be found.

The ones I did there was no hiding, it was all out in the open, loud and proud.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
We find crap in the attics, shoved below the front porches, tossed into the timber on rural properties, semi burned, and yes, a couple old houses that had the trash packed into the canning cellar or separate rooms in the basement with the doors screwed shut. It is almost as if they are running such tight margins that they cannot afford the cost of another trailer load at the landfill.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
GTX63 said:
We find crap in the attics, shoved below the front porches, tossed into the timber on rural properties, semi burned, and yes, a couple old houses that had the trash packed into the canning cellar or separate rooms in the basement with the doors screwed shut. It is almost as if they are running such tight margins that they cannot afford the cost of another trailer load at the landfill.

In all actuality you are probably right. If they pay for that last load at the landfill there will be no Joe 24 pack tonight.
:laughing:

Or the rest of the week for that matter.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
BPWY said:
In all actuality you are probably right. If they pay for that last load at the landfill there will be no Joe 24 pack tonight.
:laughing:

Or the rest of the week for that matter.

In all actuality things are probably done better in lower volume areas like mine. I had a property this spring as an REO that i was able to get re-conveyed back to the bank because it was not in CC condition. No fault of the original contractor who is a member here as he had all the proper bids in Etc but the bank chose to ignore the issues. Now it's back in his hands and all the bids have been turned in again but nothing seems to be happening. This took me a few phone calls and a little effort but i got it done. I also think many contractors in the business say "O Well" and just live with the issues. I am hands on and aggressive and always have been. I can usually get the National to back down as i am their last resort in many cases......

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
mtmtnman said:
I also think many contractors in the business say "O Well" and just live with the issues. I am hands on and aggressive and always have been. I can usually get the National to back down as i am their last resort in many cases......

Not it at all. And we've been thru this 1000 times as well.

Your area is a very very small minority compared to the reality the rest of P&P contractors live in.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts