REO Property Preservation Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Just wondering, but we are in Kentucky not the big citys of the U.S.. How do you get your foot in the door in smaller counties, who do you contact to go directly? Who in the banks, real estate agents etc? We have been in this a year, we have Asons, United and ZVN we love them, Others have burnt us like NFS, P.K. Management and one who ole lord thought 12 am text was appropriate on what time we are starting the next morning but as you said its a learning process. We are a construction company as well traveled from Kentucky to PA for a Carrington House job so not afraid of the travel or work. We just know clean outs and repairs is where the money is and the rest we figured was the have to do to get the repair jobs. Just dont know who to talk to to go directly at banks etc we can hardly get past the receptionist :/ Wells Fargo I have tried them but they seems confused when I ask them about being a vendor lord I have done several of their houses already just thro a percentage sucking company :/
Every company you named is a regional which means you are working for pennies on the dollar.

When you went to PA to work did you call your insurance company and add coverage to work in PA? Are you licensed to work in PA? Did you ask yourself why they couldn't find someone local in PA? Why did they have to import some guy from the backwoods of Kentucky? Who pulled the permit so you could work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been doing this for over 20 years. The money gets worse with every passing year. If you want to make a lot of money; more than just a living; this is not the line of work you want to be in. Fortunately, my house is paid off, I've learned how to shave unnecessary costs and found the best prices on insurance. I don't spend near as much money to do business as I did in the beginning. It's a fickle business. Don't get in over your head starting out. It'll eat you alive. And JFTR, Trump was not the only one cheering on a houseing crash. I'm so ready for another one.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.