REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently it means disconnect water meter and put up little stickers on all fixtures and sinks.. :whistling2:

·
Motivator
267 Posts
You can't point the finger at vendor 1493. Who the hell knows who has been in that house and done their own dewint...shoot the sticker clearly says it was done almost 4 months ago.
I'd be more pissed at the dillweed doing the routines on it than anything. Or for that matter the dillweed in the cubicle reviewing the photos that were submitted for the routine inspections.

I retract previously stated comments IF the remaining fixtures are indeed still winterized and intact. Otherwise, I stand behind my statement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All toilets same way. water heater still full.. they did get the disconnecting of the meter part down tho.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
That tells me the house was dewinterized and either a realtor, investor, another contractor or prior homeowner pulled the meter. Seen it a 1000x

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah we did reo initial services andare doing routines on a 250k house. The bank or broker decides to remodel the inside, carpet paint and windows. We go there for a routine in December, meter disconnected but the guys working there apparently decided to get water turned on, but no heat so toilets were full, lines full, but they pulled meter back out when done. It was about 30 degrees outside. Luckily we caught it before anything froze and winterized.

·
Registered
59 Posts
whos responsible then? the contractor who winterized or the idiots who didn't re wint the place? ... actually who is going to be held responsible? that's the real question

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
The winterizing contractor is held responsible. Welcome to the winterize liability game. Last time it happened to us we had to hire a lawyer to get the "official notorized" water dept records to prove that "someone" hooked up the meter-CALLED the water dept and had water turned on at the curb and dewinterized the home.

In our case we never found out who turned the water on at the curb... We think an investor did it. I spoke with a BIG investor who flat out stated they turn water on at EVERY home they may want to purchase and if it freezes so what! They buy it cheaper with damage or there will be new plumbing. He laughed since he said 95% of the replumbs the bank still deducts from purchase price since there are no permits pulled for plumbing repairs. I have learned a ton over the last 1.5 decades of P&P and now using it to MY favor....so beware :)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
What blows my mind is so many reo's don't have power on. ALL of our reo's have power on up here. Easier to sell a warm home in the winter....

·
Registered
232 Posts
If the property had been winterized properly and then a de-wint was completed, hopefully the wint guy took down the water meter reading when he completed the wint. If the property was de-winterized then the water meter reading will reflect that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All my properties have the elec and heat on. Problem is, with the use of combo key boxes, too many people have the combo, allowing them access as opposed to electronic boxes the agents use where you need electronic key to match up. Every access to electronic key box is stored per key code so they know who has gained access. Told the Brokers I work with, don't ever want to hear I'm liable for something when access via combo box is so easy. People are in and out of these properties all the time, no real security to property. Went to one recently where there is note on door, Dear Appraisor, door unlocked, please lock when you finish.
Got a call last month on a property. Broker said he went to do a bi-weekly inspect, heat was off, and could I check it out. Someone had turned the water on, turned off the heat and all the pipes froze. Burst pipes, ceiling damages, etc. Asked the broker, who was at the property? he does'nt know, (an agent, inspector, appraisor, another contractor )? I submitted bid for damages and was approved in a couple days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts