REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have dealt with Suicide on more than one occasion... But NEVER one so decomposed.

Death is NOT overwhelming nor is it sad. It just "is".

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did anyone else notice in the article that the county will keep the house instead of letting it go to his next of kin?

Our government has no morals

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
jhark123 said:
Did anyone else notice in the article that the county will keep the house instead of letting it go to his next of kin?

Our government has no morals

Did you read about the many years of back taxes?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What really got me was where the article said:

The workers found his "nearly skeletonized body," in the words of the medical examiner's investigative report.
Euuuwwwweeeeuuuuweee.....that gives me the creeps!

But every time I go into a foreclosed property that has not been cleaned out, the thought of finding a corpse is always the first thing that goes through my mind!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not give the next of kin an opportunity to pay the back taxes rather than take an asset from the family? I'll bet they will get 4-5x the taxes in the auction.

BPWY said:

Did you read about the many years of back taxes?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Doubt it's worth much if the neighbors reported water running out of the house, and the stigma of this story attached to it

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
jhark123 said:
why not give the next of kin an opportunity to pay the back taxes rather than take an asset from the family? I'll bet they will get 4-5x the taxes in the auction.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm betting the article didn't contain the whole story either.
Reporters are good for that.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
jhark123 said:
The overage of the note of sale should go to the next of kin. But since the city took possession, doubt that will happen.

In my previous career, if we ever sold the collateral and received more than what was owed on it, the borrower got the over payment. Boy do I have some stories about this in which the customer made out good.

In a few cases these people who got their refunds were able to go out and purchase a new vehicle because of the sizable downpayment they had.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanohano44 said:
The overage of the note of sale should go to the next of kin. But since the city took possession, doubt that will happen.

In my previous career, if we ever sold the collateral and received more than what was owed on it, the borrower got the over payment. Boy do I have some stories about this in which the customer made out good.

In a few cases these people who got their refunds were able to go out and purchase a new vehicle because of the sizable downpayment they had.
Man, do I wish you had repoed me in the past. I've had rigs taken, then 15 years later I get a bill for 5 times the amount. :censored:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I actually live about 20 minutes from this place..glad I did'nt get this one :eek::eek: I can't even ride the tilt a whirl at a carnival much less find a dead body..hell I lifted a toilet seat during a wint today and almost blew chow!!!:no::no:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts