REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We started working for these people and I didn't know if any of you were working for them. What I have found is nothing but a mess. We have completed a large volume of inspections. The proprietary system they use is not necessarily "user friendly". After working for them for approximately 45 days I called to find out when we would begin to receive payment. Apparently they pay 2 times per month. And they were mailing our checks to another company with the same name in Massachusetts. Also, after getting this corrected they STILL mailed the check to the wrong address. We have not received payment for any of the work we have completed. And getting someone to answer questions has been like pulling teeth. I am wondering if anyone else has worked for them or has any insight on this company. Any comments are much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've been doing jobs for them for almost three months. Received our first check from them about 60 days after we completed our first jobs and it had an error (they paid us for someone else's invoice instead of our own) which we are still trying to straighten out. They are about 75 days out now on paying for a couple other jobs. Other than that they are easy enough to work with. Their system is quick and simple to use once you get the hang of it. You organize your photos how you want to in a zip file and upload them with your invoice. I'll let you know when my next payment comes in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pres. I agree about the system when it works.

We were also signed up without any information and requirements being sent to us. After completing work for about a month I asked for the inspections manual. They realized they sent me information for preservation work, not inspections. My company only does inspections.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use to do their work,and i got paid 30 days out,they always paid-ed on time too.I had to stop because my major client's started flooding us with work,but i left on good terms tho.A week before i left they sent over 300 Chinese drywall inspections at 25 a pop,but i just didn't have the time or the people to do them.

If i remember correctly they have a 10% late discount plus the 20% already in place.But every thing was a few days late then anyway so we just ate it.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
I use to do their work,and i got paid 30 days out,they always paid-ed on time too.I had to stop because my major client's started flooding us with work,but i left on good terms tho.A week before i left they sent over 300 Chinese drywall inspections at 25 a pop,but i just didn't have the time or the people to do them.

If i remember correctly they have a 10% late discount plus the 20% already in place.But every thing was a few days late then anyway so we just ate it.
Probably a good thing since the Chinese Drywall Inspectors are being sued all over the place AND some of my friends are getting rich doing real inspections (certified hygentist types) to document unlicensed inspections for the law firms that are doing the sueing. $810.00 per inspection and testing. Versus the $25.00 inspection... Great profit margin to pay the lawsuits since most of these "so called" inspectors don't have Pollution Liablity with Testing Endorsement so they are "eating it". Life over.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i use to do their work,and i got paid 30 days out,they always paid-ed on time too.i had to stop because my major client's started flooding us with work,but i left on good terms tho.a week before i left they sent over 300 chinese drywall inspections at 25 a pop,but i just didn't have the time or the people to do them.

If i remember correctly they have a 10% late discount plus the 20% already in place.but every thing was a few days late then anyway so we just ate it.
**** late inspections are no pay at all !!!!*****

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been hearing this a lot. As I was previously employed by NFN, I have a little bit of knowledge. When I was there (around 2013-2015), there were a lot of issues coming from everywhere about money not being paid. As I was in field tech support, and not accounting, I brought these issues up with my manager, who always assured me that NFN was caught up on all payments, and for the contractor to send a reconciliation. The contractors who did send reconciliations normally had legitimate arguments, and would end up receiving a check in the following days/weeks, as long as they were willing to take the time to type up a full reconciliation. As to where the payment issues originated, I cannot say. Hope that helps a little!

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
I have been hearing this a lot. As I was previously employed by NFN, I have a little bit of knowledge. When I was there (around 2013-2015), there were a lot of issues coming from everywhere about money not being paid. As I was in field tech support, and not accounting, I brought these issues up with my manager, who always assured me that NFN was caught up on all payments, and for the contractor to send a reconciliation. The contractors who did send reconciliatio
ns normally had legitimate arguments, and would end up receiving a check in the following days/weeks, as long as they were willing to take the time to type up a full reconciliation. As to where the payment issues originated, I cannot say. Hope that helps a little!
I know a guy who is owed over 600k. He's tried everything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, that is a very large amount. At that point, I would personally suggest litigation, if they are not complying. Unfortunately, that is the only option I can imagine would work.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Wow, that is a very large amount. At that point, I would personally suggest litigation, if they are not complying. Unfortunately, that is the only option I can imagine would work.
They are based out of Florida I guarantee you know who they are. They have even gone to dinner with her and promises were made. Then no follow through.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been hearing this a lot. As I was previously employed by NFN, I have a little bit of knowledge. When I was there (around 2013-2015), there were a lot of issues coming from everywhere about money not being paid. As I was in field tech support, and not accounting, I brought these issues up with my manager, who always assured me that NFN was caught up on all payments, and for the contractor to send a reconciliation. The contractors who did send reconciliations normally had legitimate arguments, and would end up receiving a check in the following days/weeks, as long as they were willing to take the time to type up a full reconciliation. As to where the payment issues originated, I cannot say. Hope that helps a little!

Come on Nick, you know they burned many trails and still do so. Sinking ship and water has breached the hull....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Come on Nick, you know they burned many trails and still do so. Sinking ship and water has breached the hull....
I honestly don't believe that 100%. Any national is going to have it's issues, and even though I may not be favorable in NFN's for a while now, I do believe that they can still bring it back up, and make everything work out. I am an optimist, though! Either way, I would hate to see anyone lose money, and any business fail. I will never forget NFN, they gave me my start in this industry, and there are many good people that were (and some still are) there, and I would hate to see anything happen to them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not saying that I think people should be flocking to sign up for them, what I am saying is that every national has its issues, and everyone's experience with them is different. I still talk to some contractors who have had no problems with NFN. All I'm saying is to take everything you hear with a grain of salt, the good and the bad, because one mans garbage is another mans treasure, so to speak. If anyone is still having issues with payment, the only option I can give, is to contact their field tech rep, and send a reconciliation to ensure that NFN's accounting and yours match.

·
Registered
666 Posts
In fact NFN has a company policy since 2015

I'm not saying that I think people should be flocking to sign up for them, what I am saying is that every national has its issues, and everyone's experience with them is different. I still talk to some contractors who have had no problems with NFN. All I'm saying is to take everything you hear with a grain of salt, the good and the bad, because one mans garbage is another mans treasure, so to speak. If anyone is still having issues with payment, the only option I can give, is to contact their field tech rep, and send a reconciliation to ensure that NFN's accounting and yours match.
to defraud and delay payment to contractors. It may not have been the case when you worked there, it is the case now. Stay far away from these guys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
we are 200 K with them since February. we stop all work , call them every day , leave message nothing happen, then a check for 5 K comes like every 2 weeks, As the manager I told the owner some months ago to stop but he insisted on keep working "they will pay" now we have a huge hole on the accounting. Well story of our life's here

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
At that rate they will have you paid up in about 40 months or a little over 3 years.
Look at it like taking out a reverse mortgage only they own you now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts