REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Toilet bowl cleaner.
These vendors/workers or whatever they lable themselves need some serious training:clap:

·
Registered
236 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Toilet bowl cleaner.
or Windshield fluid:whistling

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
MichiganREO said:
These vendors/workers or whatever they lable themselves need some serious training:clap:
Sometimes the residue from the toilet bowl cleaner needs to be extracted. Some don't require it. As long as you have photos showing your rv anti freeze you are good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is an anti freeze that is non toxic, used for pool closings in the north to prevent pipes from freezing..but it ain't that blue!:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Toilet bowl cleaner blue residue over powers the pink in RV antifreeze.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re

You can get antifreeze in any color you want but when you order it in custom colors you get pure propolene glycol which has the consistency of corn syrup (much better then the crap at menards because you can do 3 or 4 wints with 1 gallon of it so less to carry) and it makes the water look a little "creamier" then that. I'm thinking that is toilet bowel cleaner because its too dark to be washer fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The fluid is too dark, but I have also followed up clowns that have tried to use windshield washer fluid. They just arent smart enough to know better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
re

GTX63 said:
The fluid is too dark, but I have also followed up clowns that have tried to use windshield washer fluid. They just arent smart enough to know better.
The thing I don't get is how much cheaper is washer fluid then antifreeze? $1/gal? so is it worth risking a broken toilet or trap to save $1? You could do 200 houses and even a minor problem kills all the extra profit you made.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
They are hacks new to the business. They don't equip their trucks (or hatchback) with supplies or the proper tools, and they don't want to leave the site and drive 10 minutes to the local builders supply house. So they use whatever rolls out of the truck bed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even if they had put the pink rv antifreeze in there with the blue cleaner, it would have made it purple.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GTX63 said:
They are hacks new to the business. They don't equip their trucks (or hatchback) with supplies or the proper tools, and they don't want to leave the site and drive 10 minutes to the local builders supply house. So they use whatever rolls out of the truck bed.
Hey now, don't be hating on the hatchbacks. My old trusty Golf gets 50mpg, which makes the difference when you drive 500 miles some day.

20mpg truck = 25 gallons
50 mpg tdi= 10 gallons

Savings = $60

You do this 3 days a week sometimes and that is kind of a nice chunk of change

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GTX63 said:
Is that 50 mpg while pulling your 16' tandem axle dump trailer? ;)
well said ,any real contractor wouldn`t have a use for a small car! Yes I know on some the inspection, do other work while in the area always need a truck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
STARBABY said:
well said ,any real contractor wouldn`t have a use for a small car! Yes I know on some the inspection, do other work while in the area always need a truck!:thumbsup:

I have a 92 Explorer i use all winter. Roll my gas compressor in the back with a couple cases of anti-freeze and toss my Honda EU2000 along side and roll out. It's a LOT more nimble on snowy roads and gets 20+ MPG on gas VS 14 mpg with the diesel truck. We see VERY little trash even on the PPO side and if we do it is a bid item anyways. I arrange trash for a day i am running the truck and dump trailer.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
re

STARBABY said:
To each his own, I just prefer to keep my overhead low and my profits high. We have been doing this a long time (longer then most on this board I would imagine) and so we've gotten pretty good at squeezing every last bit of profit while still doing a quality job. For example I make a killing on $25-30 lawn cuts, while most say it can't be done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nurumkin said:
For example I make a killing on $25-30 lawn cuts, while most say it can't be done.
That line made me laugh. No offense. I never heard of anyone saying their making a killing when getting $25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BamBamm5144 said:
That line made me laugh. No offense. I never heard of anyone saying their making a killing when getting $25.
I do when I get that a ft to lay tile... :jester:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts