REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Average Age?

22K views 82 replies 17 participants last post by  MKT 
#1 ·
Just out of curiosity I wonder what the average age of the property preservation company owner is now. I known my particular area it's full of kids that think if they have a truck they can start a property preservation company.
Just thought I would throw that question out there to stir some debate.
What do you guys/girls think the average age is now?

#2 ·
HollandPPC said:
Just out of curiosity I wonder what the average age of the property preservation company owner is now. I known my particular area it's full of kids that think if they have a truck they can start a property preservation company.
34 is my age. Started at 26 officially with FAS. But did construction, concrete and landscaping stuff my whole life. used to help realtors Who were responsible for all the work when I was in college.

#6 ·
HollandPPC said:
I'm 55 and still alive.......... as far as I can tell anyway. :)

Started my PP biz about 4-1/2 years ago and the stress should have done me in by now. But I think I'm too darned stubborn to lie down and give up.:laughing:

So how old is HollandPPC?

Linda

#18 ·
a1propertyclean said:
lol. You're not sour in the least, Matt. You're one of my favorite people to talk to. :thumbsup:

Linda

Oh yeah he is, its cause you are a woman.
When I call him he is Walter Matthau from Grumpy/Grumpier old men. :laughing: Or Jeff Dunham's Walter.

#20 ·
BrandConst said:
I don't think age should be used as an indicator to wether a company is good or bad, it's the drive and determination of the person running the company and obviously leaving a good name for themselves.

Age is a HUGE factor in my hiring practices though. I will hire a 30+ yr old long before i hire a 30- yr old. 30+'s have drive and determination as they usually have families, kids and mortgages. 30-'s (NOT ALL BUT THE VAST MAJORITY) cannot crawl there butt out of bed in the morning to get to work on time and are usually the biggest whiners. Partying seems to be a HUGE factor in their lives. The closer to the 20's the worst they tend to be.

#21 ·
mtmtnman said:
Age is a HUGE factor in my hiring practices though. I will hire a 30+ yr old long before i hire a 30- yr old. 30+'s have drive and determination as they usually have families, kids and mortgages. 30-'s (NOT ALL BUT THE VAST MAJORITY) cannot crawl there butt out of bed in the morning to get to work on time and are usually the biggest whiners. Partying seems to be a HUGE factor in their lives. The closer to the 20's the worst they tend to be.

Not always.

I've got a pretty decent 24 yr old employee.
A wife and kid probably help to make him more dependable than a lot of young 20 some things.

And YOU aka Walter talkin about "whiners"?????????? :no: :no: :no:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

G
#24 ·
Almost 33 have been in PP work since 25-26. It sure has changed alot since then. But I adapt to the changes, work hard to find the right clients and provide them with superior service. I just cant half *ss....isnt in my DNA.

G
#25 ·
mtmtnman said:
all my full timers are 30`s and 40's. All my part time are in there 20`s and have the same problems.Make them leave there cell phone in truck in and after about three day of doing trash outs they need a day or two off.(just think this is out furture work force:eek:)

G
#26 ·
STARBABY said:
all my full timers are 30`s and 40's. All my part time are in there 20`s and have the same problems.Make them leave there cell phone in truck in and after about three day of doing trash outs they need a day or two off.(just think this is out furture work force:eek:)
Very true.......

However, I truly believe that the overwhelming problem with the younger people now a days is the direct result of parenting. This is the "ME GENERATION". It's ALL about them, they need everyone to know what and WHO they are doing 24/7. They run from hard work like a cockroach from a shining light. Live at home on mom and dad's dollar without a care in the world. They are entitled ya know.....lol.... When it comes time to actully have to do real work, they just can't cope with such oppresive requirements. Take their cell phone, the entire social order of the universe comes unglued. I've never seen a more self obsorbed, photogenic group of people in my life. I've seen them cuss their parents out and treat them with such disdain and vehement disrespect because they can't get what THEY WANT. I could go on and on. But had the parents actually addressed the issues as they were being raised we would live in a much different society.

When I was a growing up, and to this day I have parents that were/are great role models and provide authoratative guidance and discipline when needed to mold me into the man I am today. We were an average family living in a steel town. We saw good times and bad. If we got out of line that was corrected immediately and appropriately. If we were up the road and did something wrong, the neighbor network usally kicked in and mom and dad new about it before we ever crossed the threshold. I saw my dad go to work with broken bones and a 102 degree fever to make sure we were provided for. My mother to this da,y along with my grandmother will still tell you like it is, stern but loving. You're not going to B.S. either one of them. I have no greater supporters when I'm right and no greater critics when I'm wrong.

I can't tell you the amount of people that my father provided food for in the hardest of times, even when we were struggling. He is a very skilled hunter, since the days my memory can recollect. Many, steelworks families lived off the bounty his skill and compassion was able to provide. Never once asking for anything in return.

These are the people that molded me. This is where I've gotten my work ethic, drive, determination and compassion.

These are the values I have instilled in my children.

This is the America that use to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.