REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Background Check e-mails have been coming non stop. I did one for a decent client whom paid for it that had the BC company e-mail me promising they did not pull credit but it seems like the rest are pulling consumer reports. Got this one yesterday

"In connection with your application to perform services (been working for these guys for 2 years) as an Independent Contractor, we may procure a consumer report on you from LexisNexis Screening Solutions as part of the process of considering you candidacy. In the event that information from the report is utilized in whole or in part in making an adverse decision, we will provide you with a copy of the consumer report and a description in writing of your rights under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you specific rights in dealing with consumer reporting agencies. You will be given a summary of these rights together with this document.
By your signature below, you hereby authorize us to obtain a consumer report about you in order to consider you as an Independent Contractor."

Lets see here, I'm a government contractor with Sam's #, Dun's #, FEMA Clearance, I do eviction rekeys for the sheriffs dept & local realtors, Concealed Carry BC pass, What more do they want? Just like Screwguard and their insurance co's they are in bed with, These servicing companies are in bed with the background check companies! There should be NO REASON why they can't give us guidelines and we pull OUR OWN BC and submit to multiple companies. Hell i got an e-mail from Cyprexx that wants one AT MY EXPENSE from the same company that passed me 10 days ago!!! The other thing is are they hiring ME or MY COMPANY????

I am going for a mortgage later this summer and the mortgage company i am working with here locally tells me to many soft hits will make you look like a job surfer and the underwriter takes this seriously.

Seems as though it's prime time to exit stage left and send my last 2 part time subs to the unenjoyment line. Don't know how some of you are doing it........

·
Registered
46 Posts
We are in the same boat with you. I have been receiving these b/c letters for almost a week now. I even told one company if I gave them one, I would like a b/c at their cost on every employee of theirs that handles my account. Haven't heard back:laughing::laughing:

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
you can always tell them you do not wish to be their employee....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts