REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This link is several months old but still not much has changed.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ins-top-50-bed-bug-cities-list-142856795.html

What precautions are YOU using to make sure you are not infesting your vehicles and homes?

A contractor in DSM was unfortunate enough to infest home and vehicles with these damn things. He can assume that they picked these up at a home they serviced. After $6000 in treatments from those "professional" companies they still have them. He said last week that he was going to call his loan company and tell them to take the "freakin house back" and move out! He is at his wits-end trying to eradicate those bugs.
I offered our big indirect fired ducted heaters to try to heat-kill them but no answer yet.

It sure makes a person think!!! :ninja:

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I've thankfully never had a run in with bed bugs, been sent out by a realtor thinking they had them a few times but usually turned out to be fleas.

We did once get fleas in our house. I think the dog brought them in from the woods, but I always tell everyone that my wife gave them to the dogs. They were very easy to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
If you are in the house and working "in it" you are collecting a lot of stuff on your clothes besides bed bugs. We explain to guys how to avoid contamination as much as possible; it is up to them if they want to follow it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What about rentals... I know a few of you out there have a couple. Anyone had a tenant leave some "extra" tenants upon departure? I would think this will be a problem with rentals in the future

1 - 7 of 7 Posts