REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your average bid approval % and how long does it take? I rarely get anything approved besides debris removal and roof patches.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is this property that is close to being condemned. There is a random hobo living in a camper on the 40 acres of the property using it as a dump. There are 80 cubes outside the house and 40 inside. It's pre-foreclosure so they don't want the inside touched but...

There are code enforcement stickers everywhere. The roof is leaking bad. Windows are broken out. The exterior basement door is non-existent. Kitchen wall is missing and leads outside. The bank is going to lose this property to the town all together if they don't get their guys approving this stuff.

·
Registered
694 Posts
There is this property that is close to being condemned. There is a random hobo living in a camper on the 40 acres of the property using it as a dump. There are 80 cubes outside the house and 40 inside. It's pre-foreclosure so they don't want the inside touched but...

There are code enforcement stickers everywhere. The roof is leaking bad. Windows are broken out. The exterior basement door is non-existent. Kitchen wall is missing and leads outside. The bank is going to lose this property to the town all together if they don't get their guys approving this stuff.
Usually they are fast to respond to code enforcement issues. But other than that, it's usually a crapshoot.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Sounds like the lender is just sitting on it until it goes to sale.
We have some bids, for initial mows for example, that the lenders will ignore, even though the grass is overgrown, because it may be cheaper for the township to do a knockdown.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Sounds like the lender is just sitting on it until it goes to sale.
We have some bids, for initial mows for example, that the lenders will ignore, even though the grass is overgrown, because it may be cheaper for the township to do a knockdown.

Isn't the township billing for this?

I've worked in areas where a "simple" grass cut can exceed $5000 with fines, fees, and the cost of their pet contractor cutting the grass.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Had a couple properties last year, about an acre, where they let the grass grow over 2'. We gave our bids and they said thanks but no thanks. City comes by with their John Deer 4020 and knocks it down and fines them $250. Of course it varies from town to town and state to state, but we have seen it a lot.

Tree fell on the roof of a house in a small town. Bids to remove the tree and repair the roof were 3k and up. $500 fine for leaving it that way, and they can settle up on the penalties at closing. They chose option B.

In a few cases, it is the regional who doesn't want to approve a job they will lose money on, but not always.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I work for one of the cities on their distressed properties. They call email or otherwise contact the bank and give them 24 hours to get it done. I charge 85 to use osb and screw it on and down the road I go to the next one. PAid in 30 days and I dictate pricing. GRAVY

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I will call on Monday and tell them they are going to be billed ridiculously high for this property. They're going to hire someone to do the job for double and tack on fees at the same time. It's pre-foreclosure though so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Last time I worked up the numbers I was at a 34% bid approval rate ..... but like everyone says the turn around time is so varied you can't predict it.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Remember, always note on your estimates when the bids expire, especially when bidding mold remediation, grass cuts, etc. You do not want to do a mold or yard job in October for the bid you wrote in April.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts