REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been covered at another time but I did not find in a thread search thread...anyone want to chime to help newbies lurking on this?

I have received a couple of approvals lately without the bid amount included on WO. Called in and asked about it, was told told, yes, I see you bid here for $650.00. So I say great, please email me that confirmation. You could hear butterflies and swallows it got so quiet. After telling me they would have to get back to me it came back as "approved for $90.00". I learned EARLY in this to get it in writing or forget it. Got it reapproved for $300.00 with a clarification of scope...2 men 3 hrs on the recut made money:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Standard operating procedures.

If it aint provable, it didn't happen.
If it aint in writing it didn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
This may have been covered at another time but I did not find in a thread search thread...anyone want to chime to help newbies lurking on this?

I have received a couple of approvals lately without the bid amount included on WO. Called in and asked about it, was told told, yes, I see you bid here for $650.00. So I say great, please email me that confirmation. You could hear butterflies and swallows it got so quiet. After telling me they would have to get back to me it came back as "approved for $90.00". I learned EARLY in this to get it in writing or forget it. Got it reapproved for $300.00 with a clarification of scope...2 men 3 hrs on the recut made money:thumbup:
Not a bad practice for everyone to know your bid approval price & get it in writing from your client before you start any work.

Having said that, NONE of my approvals come in with prices attached unless the bid has been modified, other than that, I know what the submitted bids were (as I submitted them) and bill according to what I submitted.

My vendors will only get bid approval amounts on their WO's if the bid has been modified by our client before approval - but I never have a problem issuing a POC when asked to clarify an amount for any reason.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Yes, POCs are your friend, and when dealing with grey area operators/crooks, always get them.We don't require anything from locals. They tell us we are good to go and we are. Nationals are a little harder to reach out and touch.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, POCs are your friend, and when dealing with grey area operators/crooks, always get them.We don't require anything from locals. They tell us we are good to go and we are. Nationals are a little harder to reach out and touch.[/QUOTE

We dropped 2 companies who actually turned out to be one company for this behavior

got an approved bid to replace plumbing they had cut to 350 from over 700 but it wasnt stated on the WO nor was the any amount stated at all on the WO

also and in addition i specced out pex type piping and the WO said COPPER this of course generates a call from us to them and us saying YO copper is more money we need to up it they said fine go on ahead and do it i said POC email please

so we let it stew for 2 days waiting on the POC i get a call from the RVM he said poc on its way

okay trust him ???????? why not

next day we go up and see that another contractor ( used loosely ) has been in and out and " faked it " i call the rvm he says he cancelled it on my end i said fine but you cant imagine what this looks like

while on site i took pics so i could bid to repair the repair :blink:

so an argument ensues

by the WO from the regional i can clearly see who the NAT is , begins with an M end with an S

i call over to my friend Jackie there at the nat etc etc

sooooo i email the pics to the nat and reg with a description on each one and a personal note asking for the name of the contractor to streamline the interview process should he / she ask for work from me
lo and behold that well of work dries up go figure
LMAO

im MOREEE than happy to share these with anyone who would like to see them

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
im MOREEE than happy to share these with anyone who would like to see them

post up the pics, we could all use a good :lol:

·
Registered
694 Posts
There is an app you can install on your smartphone called "Sanity". It basically records every inbound/outbound phone call. It records the first two minutes in the free version I believe. Have not had to use any yet, but I'm sure one day it will come in very handy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
approved WO without pricing

post up the pics, we could all use a good :lol:

okay heres a few i didnt have time for all of em as my shift at mickey Ds starts soon LOL

so we have a few on my init visit and in between that and my approved bid WO some one ( unknown contractor) got in and i guess fixed it ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts