REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I prefer RepairBase. My understanding is this is the same cost estimator used by HUD and by the bid desk at Safeguard. Also, if you contact them and see a demo they'll give you some free credits. Cost after that is about $10 per property, with discounts for the more you buy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I prefer RepairBase. My understanding is this is the same cost estimator used by HUD and by the bid desk at Safeguard. Also, if you contact them and see a demo they'll give you some free credits. Cost after that is about $10 per property, with discounts for the more you buy.
HUD does use Repair Base, however Safeguard uses Marshal Swift. Prices are not the same either.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Ill check them both out. I used marshal swift when I was building for lennar. Its very expensive thou. Ill check out repair base.

Ive been using the RS Means book and havent really had any kick backs on pricing but id like to speed the process up.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why use a software to tell you your price? If you can't make a profit send it down the road.
Price and profit are 2 very different things. I dont "need" software. I was asking a question. The clients I service are starting to run all my bids through an estimator and I'd like to see what they see that's all. I've used rs means since I started in 05 with little questions on price from my clients. My margins are acceptable for me and my business.

Actually, Funny story. I called a client, A national, To bid to seal a flat roof, my number was $500 give or take. When I called them they didn't ask me for price they asked for dimensions and material. They came in on their estimator at $928. Something to think about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts