REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys handle bids to treat mold source on block foundations that get a little water in the corners of the block wall? Repairs could be pretty costly if doing new drainage tile. How have you guys handled this in the past with HUD?

Thanks

·
Contractor
486 Posts
SwiftRes said:
How do you guys handle bids to treat mold source on block foundations that get a little water in the corners of the block wall? Repairs could be pretty costly if doing new drainage tile. How have you guys handled this in the past with HUD?

Thanks
Bid it as I see it... if there is a foundation leak, I apply the methods to capture the water (be it sump, channel, etc.) and pump it out. Install a dehumdifier, noting electric must be restored, and client must maintain temp and humdity.

P

·
0 Posts
My issue is this. If it is a block wall it is going to wick h2o regardless of what is done. Without an overdig and proper methods that is. Simply adding a sump or perimeter tiling doesn't necessarily prohibit water to wick through the walls, it simply gives it a means of escape/evacuation. Ya really gotta word your bids accordingly with a broadsweeping disclaimer.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
P3+ said:
My issue is this. If it is a block wall it is going to wick h2o regardless of what is done. Without an overdig and proper methods that is. Simply adding a sump or perimeter tiling doesn't necessarily prohibit water to wick through the walls, it simply gives it a means of escape/evacuation. Ya really gotta word your bids accordingly with a broadsweeping disclaimer.
Simple... throw a real high price on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts