BOTG Florida 2014
Saturday - May 24, 2014​
8 am – 4pm​
At the office of:​
Team Ironclad Preservation Inc.​
1060 E Industrial Dr.
Orange City, FL 32763
Suites L,M,P

All are invited. This is a great opportunity to meet and share ideas. I do not know all the details, but will answer any questions you may have as best I can.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's a good opprotunity to meet with others and talk strategy and share best practices without national reps standing around. It's one thing to talk on a forum, but if you meet in person, people's advise tends to stay with you a bit more.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi

unless ALL contractors stick together or banks and mortgage companies quit giving contracts to idiot companies ,nothing will change. not being negative ,just fact.

·
Registered
160 Posts
unless ALL contractors stick together or banks and mortgage companies quit giving contracts to idiot companies ,nothing will change. not being negative ,just fact.
You're exactly right. A wise man once said a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I see this as the first step.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It sounds interesting but 8 hours is a lot of meet and greet time. Perhaps if more details were released and how it will help contractors it might be worth while. I for one would be skeptical of sharing all my secrets to making money. It is a good concept in theory though........

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Nothing wrong with networking. I bought my skid steer from a member here and a different member here told me it was for sale. I've also bought, sold and traded locks and lock boxes with a local P&P contractor I met through a Facebook group. I actually have a roof patch job to do for this guy.

On the flip side, I got burned by giving someone a bid to demo a garage and when the bid got approved, they did it themselves.

Win some, loose some. I still believe in networking......

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure as the the agenda yet. I know there are events planned. I will see if I can get a copy and post it. Basically it is a first step is getting people together to meet and network and talk about how to get organized.

The plan is to be able to have a network or association or whatever you want to call it that is only for BOTG contractors.

What is learned at this meeting will be used to plan the next one later this year and so on. By building on this each time we will eventually have enough information and membership to be able to make an impact on the decisions made by the nationals and banks that negatively effect our lives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts