REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIGHT! More work for the same pay! I'm not a roofer and i don't get off the ground. Wonder what happens when a contractor falls through a crappy roof getting these pics????

"Hello everyone,

The results being submitted for safeguard order’s seem to be coming back incomplete and as a result, safeguard is requesting additional information or photos.

Allow me to clarify a few things so that we can get these orders closed out and prevent having to return to properties.

I have provided this work order as an example for you to follow for all safeguard work orders, be they estimates, inspections or approvals.

Provide the following:

1)Take interior and exterior photos (including roof pics) if damages are present please get on the roof to get photos of the damages, if no damage is present we must still get photos of the roof and not from the ground where we cannot see the condition. If a grass cut and lock change are needed take supporting photos (see example).

2)provide a bid for repairs with dimensions. (see example)

3) provide the short version checklist. (see example)

4)always call a rep prior to going and leaving a property so that they can give you an idea of what you are going to do or needs to be done.

5) if you speak to a safeguard contact from below, please note on your bid what they advised you to do.

6) take photos of the A/C unit, furnace, water heater, all appliances (if they are not present take photos of where they are missing) and attics."

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dirtywhiteboy said:
I would lean a latter on the roof and get a pic or 2 from the latter if you are scard to walk the roof:blink:
The point is they are expecting a home inspection that in real market conditions would cost between $250-$350 for $25 bucks. They'll get pics from the ground and like it or they can move on to the next contractor and then come groveling to me when the hack screws something up......

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Kent Whitten said:
Then don't do it.
We don't.

Safeguard also won't accept photos taken from the ladder. They also want the damage chalk marked before and after photos.

Mtmtnman is right. It is a $300 bill to complete work like that, and I don't pay a guy $25 out of that and expect text book results. It is ridiculous, but there are folks out there doing it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have a GoPro cam you set it up to snap a pic every 10 seconds, put it on a pole and walk around the roof and have a chit load of pics:clap:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirtywhiteboy said:
If you have a GoPro cam you set it up to snap a pic every 10 seconds, put it on a pole and walk around the roof and have a chit load of pics:clap:
Funny you say that. 1 company is already telling contractors to buy a camera stick.....

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Dirtywhiteboy said:
LOL, didn't think anyone else had thought of that. I did it myself on a two story once and the gopro takes great pics but they are fisheyed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Its bad enough that they require it during an Initial secure order, but now they require EVERY TIME you go to the property. That's just plain BULLSH*T:censored:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
RichR said:
Its bad enough that they require it during an Initial secure order, but now they require EVERY TIME you go to the property. That's just plain BULLSH*T:censored:
In order to properly preserve this property, we will need to have a roofer come and inspect this property with us on every visit. His trip fee is $x so that his bid and inspection falls in line with your due date.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mahalo

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GTX63 said:
You laugh but check your work comp rates once you step on a roof. Also in some states once your on a roof your considered a roofer and you BETTER be licensed......

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
mtmtnman said:
You laugh but check your work comp rates once you step on a roof. Also in some states once your on a roof your considered a roofer and you BETTER be licensed......
In Hawaii and Arizona, this is the case. You're actually considered a roofer of you put a ladder up against a house you do not own.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Every day I'm more and more thankful I don't do P&P.

Local lawn customers are so much more understanding.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
SG wanted me to tarp an ice covered roof couple winters ago because of evidence of previous leak.

I told em tough sheet, call a roofer. My work comp don't cover me on a roof because I'm not a roofer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts