REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
RickT1962 said:
Havent you tried the drain value at the bottom of the tank ?
INSTRUCTED NOT TO UTILIZE THE DRAIN VALVE:whistling

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess he will have to undo the unions for the water and gas and tip it upside down if he cant use the drain valve as a drain :blink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know.... How could we shake the hot water heater when all the parts attached to unit - THERE ARE NO CURE FOR RETARD:thumbup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MichiganREO said:
INSTRUCTED NOT TO UTILIZE THE DRAIN VALVE:whistling
Thats like please check the oil in my car but dont use the dipp stick ! LOL Pull the valve covers off instead ! They have to give you more reason then NO dont use the method staring you in the face. Your supposed to open them once a year to drain out the dirt at the bottom.

·
Property Preservation
883 Posts
lol.......... thanks for the laugh today. I really needed one!

Why not just rap your knuckles on the side of the water heater?

Linda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a1propertyclean said:
lol.......... thanks for the laugh today. I really needed one!

Why not just rap your knuckles on the side of the water heater?

Linda
Too many layers for an accurate echo test. . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good grief... Is the Service Company serious? OR are you yanking our chains?

If this is real than I would bid to "use my H2O 6" philips head measuring device to test for measurable water".

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
JFMURFY said:
Gently shake the durn thing... you can tell if there's water in it.

Exactly. There is enough give in the lines even hard plumbed copper lines like the pic to tell if its full. If there is a foot in the bottom you might be able to tell that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
BPWY said:
Exactly. There is enough give in the lines even hard plumbed copper lines like the pic to tell if its full. If there is a foot in the bottom you might be able to tell that.
Yeah we usually nudge them and can tell if its full. 40 gallons = ~320 lbs. You can tell if the hwh weighs 400 lbs or 80 lbs by pushing it a little.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
How many water heaters have y'all EVER seen burst? I remember maybe 3 or 4 failed WH's out of literally over 100 properties with busted plumbing. The correct assessment of a proper winterization would be to hook up a compressor and see if there is water in the lines. and then do a pressure test. I would say about 75% of homes i get on the REO side have measurable water in the lines when i hook up my compressor. HUD SHOULD have a separate schedule for a pressure test at a set fee.......

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
In 3+ years I've only found one split water heater.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts