REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help on a bid. my client is telling me the grass is 16" high. I advised them I am 6ft tall and these weeds were over my head. this property is over an acre.I know what my price is to cut, remove, spray a post emergent and man hours. they told me I was too excessive in my bid.keep in mind this is a REO, so I am placing it in marketable condition.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I charge a specific price per 1000sf of area treated and I am not backing down from that price. I am doing a post/pre application. I'm going to use a bush hogger and then cut the stalks down to the ground level. haul off an dump the clippings.

L

·
0 Posts
What is the question? Are you asking hoq much to charge.. Or are they arguing that the grass is not taller than 16"... Or they don't believe it takes x amount of man hours to complete the work..? They are asking you to do a rough cut to tidy it up to maintainable condition right?

M

·
0 Posts
Looking at the size of those weeds I would have bid no less than tree...............:eek::whistling

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lizzie said:
What is the question? Are you asking hoq much to charge.. Or are they arguing that the grass is not taller than 16"... Or they don't believe it takes x amount of man hours to complete the work..? They are asking you to do a rough cut to tidy it up to maintainable condition right?
Yes. This property is xeriscaped underneath all of those weeds. They don't agree with me on the height and amount I bid. In my opinion, I'm giving them a fantastic deal!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Doesn't matter how good a deal you think it is...:rolleyes:

Owners dealing with junk real estate....:censored:

SOME JOBS JUST AREN'T WORTH DOING:thumbup:

T

·
0 Posts
thanohano44 said:
need help on a bid.
I know what my price is to cut, remove, spray a post emergent and man hours.
If you know your price, how can we help you on the bid? It is what it is.

But if you need a place to vent, you've found it. :thumbsup:

L

·
0 Posts
Why don't you bring a tape measure out there and point out the 16" line under 4 1/2' of weeds.

D

·
0 Posts
Leo G said:
Why don't you bring a tape measure out there and point out the 16" line under 4 1/2' of weeds.
Agreed, why would you even send them photos without a tape? Every grass cut I ever did whether I was cutting 1" or 4' I always did a before & after with a tape. Give the bank no choice but to pay you...and then I stopped doing REO and preserveration after a few months.. screw that :censored:

L

·
0 Posts
If that grass is 16" tall I'd like to know the height of the chainlink fence hehe

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My bid also included removing all stalks. Trimming of tree's. Man hours. Tool rental. Mileage. Because it's monsoon season, I was going to use nothing but the best-Quikpro and pendulum aquacap. I mean the smell of the pre m would send this area nuts. It's in a little remote town.

I just have a problem with submitting substandard work. With what they were willing to pay for just a cut. I would have has to pick up Jose and Manuel on the side of the road. Rent a bush hogger and take 6 trips to the dump.

I did one just like this for a broker for $3500 Scrape. Cut. Remove. Spray. Weed. It took us 2 days with 6 men but the property had looked as if there were never any weeds or anything. We were paid within an hour after job completion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts