REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will not be bidding this job as they won't approve what i want to do the job anyways. It is a HAZMAT situation. This place had to have a dozen or more cats in it. There is cat feces ground into the floors throughout and your feet stick to the floor as you walk through. The only way to clean this property is to totally gut it and rebuild it. The ammonia smell would knock a buzzard off a fencepost from a block away and when you enter the property, your eyes start to burn. I entered with a respirator and goggles to take photos. This is similar to a Fannie Mae we had a few years back which Fannie sold as is.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
We have bid those before only to have the regional come back and want to haggle over this and that. "What if you just bleached the subfloor instead of removing it?" kind of crap. We only bid to cure the problem and it is all or nothing.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirtywhiteboy said:
Come on mtmtnman I know you can do it:thumbsup:
Why would a little cat chit scare you away, that is money sitting there!:whistling
Oh i would bid it if i knew there was a chance it would get approved............

G

·
I shouldn't sound so prude about it. We pulled a dead raccoon out of a reno job we are doing and that was after we got rid of the live ones. :whistling

BUT, no one lived there and I started that gig in a tyvex suit, goggles and respirator. I'd be there today except the dumpster people couldn't deliver early enough. :rolleyes:

Bill kept complaining it smelled like mold. It only smelled like money to me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although your smiliy face is nice, i guess it's yours? I do miss Glinda, I've had a crush on her for so many years:sad:

Was that Glinda:blink:

G

·
mtmtnman said:
We will not be bidding this job
OK, I resisted temptation until now to see what a cat condo is. Turns out I looked at so many gag holes like the pics when we were buying REOs.

Every one of you guys/gals have my infinite respect for being able to do that work.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How about this joint.
They live trapped over 60 feral cats so far. Thought the Sherriff was gonna puke when he went in to look for a human body. How do these places get this bad. Refused to go in this one, I took photos from outside. Stunk so bad my eyes burned and it took my breath away. We have enough government hand outs for people to live CLEAN and Healthy I don't get how things become this bad. This lady did live here up until a few months ago. Found her living out of state and hauled her arse back for some court time and most likely Jail time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I had one that the city (knowing what I do) referred to a potential client. She said the house belonged to a relative and was left to her. The relative had died but not before needing care. The care taker was ONLY allowed to come to the door with food and was NOT let in the house. Last time the care taker was there she said she could see 3 to 5 toilets in the LIVING ROOM that were not hooked up and being used !!:sick: Then she ( the care taker ) noticed all the Stuff in The house. A HOARDER. Fast forward. I told the gal I was not interested in the job and it may be best to sell it as is and wipe your hands of it to an investor. Code enforcement had gotten involved and it looked as though they were going to make her gut the entire thing, it was suspected of having structural issues.

There isn't enough rice in china was going through my head.:blink::help::help:

G

·
I just did one in kalamazoo and they guy died in the house and it took 3 weeks for somebody to find him and he also weighed 900lbs and the fire department had to cut a whole in the house to get him out. The house is filled floor to ceilings with trash, the neighbor said it been 10year since he had trash service. The garage was a 4 stall and it was complety filled with trash bags. The city is making the bank demo the property

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.