REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope, I do work for NFR. there pretty easy to work for Hud regs. - 20% ! Wish they all did this, getting so tried of the flat rate game!
We liked NFR but they had no real volume to speak of. We had quite a bit of work around Owensboro for a bit then it got spotty.

The people there were real easy to work with.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We stopped getting Chase work about halfway through summer, I work for LPS, And as I said before, Wells fargo has LPS on probation also....
Its scary because they pay decent and we do good with them! High volume! :cry:

They had a vendor conference this summer outlining these issues, and since then they approve alot more bids. :thumbup:

Hopefully it gets better!

·
Contractor
486 Posts
There was a time when they were great the work for. Just like FAS. Another one might bite the dust or bite the pillow. At any rate, their contractors are ****ed.
Although it's probably Bronco's fault, you right. With these National's they get too big for there britches...sub it all out to Regionals thinking their overhead will go down, then the Quality suffers cuz the guy doing the work isn't paid "sh*t" to do the work The banks and mortgage companies see the mess their properties have become an bail.
All these wiz kids....geez they're so smart?

·
Registered
847 Posts
If the banks would hire good local contractors the work would be more respectable accross the board! As we have said a hundred times, there are too many people forwarding photos and emails and taking a chunk out of the profit.

We keep everything in house and will put our work up against anyone! Because we know it is getting done right! We are not relying on some clist contractor we have never meet, or even shook hands with!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Although it's probably Bronco's fault, you right. With these National's they get too big for there britches...sub it all out to Regionals thinking their overhead will go down, then the Quality suffers cuz the guy doing the work isn't paid "sh*t" to do the work The banks and mortgage companies see the mess their properties have become an bail.
You mean the Group in Austin OH wait it isn't in Austin any more .... Any way they had tried to tell the contractors that we are running at too high of a profit then I find out they have had 3 rounds of lay offs since Jan of this year. I think the parent co. that bought FAS has screwed it up an alienated so many contractors they are beginning to reap what they sewed (sp?). Dale is working in the bids department and when you have a OWNER supervising a department it is not good no matter what dept is is !

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
It would be a game if I thought I had a chance to win, but it's their ball, their field, their rules...

·
Registered
616 Posts
I responded to a CL ad it was slaveguard and they wanted a full time lawn person to cover a territory of 100 miles X 100 miles yhea right I'll just jump on that. With recuts of 20 dollars NOT

Now for FAS We have been telling them or trying to tell them how to make things easier for all involved for so long we quittelling them after 1 year. They would ask but to only give the smoke screen that tehy weree listening. A master sheet with lock codes and service items that go along with that stage was told would be a boon. DId they listen NOOOOo . A shorter work order with an executive summary at the top or begining and details on additional pages. was also sujested. Again it was falling on deaf ears. Top management is errorgant and pompous beyong belief. I could hear them doing other things while I was talking and at one time I stopped and it took the person 2 minutes of silence to realize that I was not saying anything. UNbeliveable. Now they are reaping what they have planted and it has not grown but rotted and is not producing fruit. First we contractors were made to take whopping reductions in compensation then another reduction. It looks like they have realized we can't survive too long at this pace and lack of compensation. Now they are realizing they are too heavay and are trimming from within. If they came out with another price drop. That would be it. AS many contractors as there are that have worked for them I think we all can agree it was WAY BETTER before the buy out. I wish Dale still owned and PERSONALLY managed it. For his sake. NOt mine as I am done with them and have been so for 3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts