REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to purchase the materials to do the plastic window board ups? The bolts and nuts can be found at any hardware store but where can I find the plastic and the crossbar?

Please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plastic Board Up

Hi JDRM,

Are there any other places to purchase the material? I'm sure Secureview only wants to do the installation themselves. Is there somewhere else I can purchase the cross bar and glass?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, SecureView does not want to do any installations. We prefer to be the distributor of the material so contractors can do the installations directly.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi JDRM,

Are there any other places to purchase the material? I'm sure Secureview only wants to do the installation themselves. Is there somewhere else I can purchase the cross bar and glass?
They do not install, they sell the product, and will train you on how to install. Once I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@bpotasie

Secureview will only sell you are large quantity of boards. So if you are just starting in P&P you either have to spend big money upfront and keep asking your company to send you board up jobs or buy one board from a place like invisiboard and make pennies per job. I think invisi board wants to sell in bulk more.
@madxtreme01
It is much more expensive but looks better in the neighborhood. The 8x4 plywood might cost you $30 or less and can easily be found while the plexi glass is not easily found at any home depot and will cost $100 or better. Of course companies pay more for plexiglass however.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Plexiglass is not accepted by companies that want clearboarding. You can get a Secureview copycat-similar product through Total Plastics, Inc. They have locations throughout the midwest/eastern part of the country. We usually just re-glaze windows rather than use clearboarding, never have a problem with our investors, but we are not in a high crime area with a lot of window breaches.

·
Recovering con'dtractor
97 Posts
you can buy screwview, a company headquartered in cleveland, from MFS supply, a company headquartered in clevland, started by the brother of the founder of safgard, a company headquartered in cleveland,

if someone had trust issues, they might think that there is nothing special about screw view, other than safgard getting a cut when it is sold as screw view vs someone buying a clear sheet of thermoplastic, but that would be a reach to think that safgard would require a contractor to purchase products from a company they own

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
.., other than safgard getting a cut when it is sold as screw view vs someone buying a clear sheet of thermoplastic, but that would be a reach to think that safgard would require a contractor to purchase products from a company they own
or a company they have an interest in...

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can buy screwview, a company headquartered in cleveland, from MFS supply, a company headquartered in clevland, started by the brother of the founder of safgard, a company headquartered in cleveland,

if someone had trust issues, they might think that there is nothing special about screw view, other than safgard getting a cut when it is sold as screw view vs someone buying a clear sheet of thermoplastic, but that would be a reach to think that safgard would require a contractor to purchase products from a company they own
Robert Klein was the owner of safeguard back in 1990 when I was hired as the 2nd contractor back in the good ole days

·
Registered
14 Posts
It has been reported elsewhere in this forum that the SecureView clear board is lexan and the crossbeams are black hdpe plastic. Almost any plastic supply distributor can supply you with lexan and hdpe.

Safeguard prohibits its vendors from using any other product than SecureView and tracks purchase history that verifies vendors are purchasing their branded product from their chosen distributor. Also, vendors are prohibited from selling unused SecureView product to others.

Robert Klein family has ownership stakes in MFS Supply, Safeguard, and SecureView.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
It has been reported elsewhere in this forum that the SecureView clear board is lexan and the crossbeams are black hdpe plastic. Almost any plastic supply distributor can supply you with lexan and hdpe.

Safeguard prohibits its vendors from using any other product than SecureView and tracks purchase history that verifies vendors are purchasing their branded product from their chosen distributor. Also, vendors are prohibited from selling unused SecureView product to others.

Robert Klein family has ownership stakes in MFS Supply, Safeguard, and SecureView.
"ATTENTION CAMP: All loyal employees will be paid in scrip that can be exchanged for goods at The Company Store. You're welcome - SG"

·
Registered
1 Posts

Not really a reach. Safeguard is KNOWN for that kind of behavior. Notice they own the company they require you to buy insurance from... They'll cheat you anyway they can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
clear boarding is NOT a money maker. I DO NOT do them when they put them in my queue. I don't run a charity. Material is way too expensive and PP companies want to pay you nothing to do them. Traditional boarding makes me money. Materials are cheap and usually left over materials from another job.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
clear boarding is NOT a money maker. I DO NOT do them when they put them in my queue. I don't run a charity. Material is way too expensive and PP companies want to pay you nothing to do them. Traditional boarding makes me money. Materials are cheap and usually left over materials from another job.
Same here. I'll re-glaze an opening before I'll clear board.

·
Registered
55 Posts
InvisiBoard™ | Polycarbonate Clear Window Boarding
https://www.invisiboard.com/
InvisiBoard™ is a patented, alternative clear window boarding system that provides a clear more attractive view from the street. InvisiBoard™ protects and secures vacant and abandoned properties without compromising the resale value of a home.

SecureView Windows : Changing the Face of Vacant and Abandoned ...
SecureView Windows : Changing the Face of Vacant and Abandoned Properties
SecureView is a patented, recycled, alternative window board-up / property preservation system that provides clear views and lets in natural light. SecureView windows guard, protect, and secure vacant and abandoned properties without exposing their vacancy to onlookers.

Installation is easy. You need to buy specific crossbar pieces tho' bc a lot of the companies we work with will not accept a 2 by 4 cross piece. And if I could advise one thing when cutting to fit...a brand new 40 tooth saw blade exclusively used for clear boarding. It is an expensive material, comparatively, and making a bad cut is costly. Good luck! MJ

·
Registered
55 Posts
PS I avoid doing them as much as possible. "Death by property preservation", to quote a local here, is slow starvation and working for nothin', and thats what clear boarding will get you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts