REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my client states that a person can buy these new polycarbonate bracing system required for clear boarding at Home depot or Menards. Any idea what they are actually called, or the sku as the workers look at me like I'm stupid.

·
IgnitePPR
52 Posts
Clear Boarding Response - MFG. Cost

Ok, my client states that a person can buy these new polycarbonate bracing system required for clear boarding at Home depot or Menards. Any idea what they are actually called, or the sku as the workers look at me like I'm stupid.

It's called Polycarbonated sheets and needs a minimum thickness of 3/16th inch (straight from a FNMA pdf)

But this isn't your Problem.

Your Problem is that Safeguard has worked with FNMA to establish the *Requirements*

"The servicer must follow only Fannie Mae approved installation methods for clear boarding."

o Clear boarding must be completed with high strength, polycarbonate sheeting with a . Acrylic and Plexiglas® products are not acceptable.
o SecureView™ and InvisiBoard™ are approved material by Fannie Mae for use. All other material must be demonstrated in the field and approved by Fannie Mae prior to use

Wait - What?.... Demonstrate HOW and to WHO?

There are plastic manufactures all over the states that supply polycarbonated sheets but you're going to need to prove it works as expected (which is also not defined).

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts