REO Property Preservation Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Matt I never bagged a stem of grass when I was doing bank owned lawns.

I could have easily made all that go away, but not one pass.

Our grass is a lot greener here as we get more rain. I could make it go away with 2-3 passes but ity was easier to bag in one pass and roll out. Time is $$$$$$

·
Registered
847 Posts
Matt I never bagged a stem of grass when I was doing bank owned lawns.

I could have easily made all that go away, but not one pass.
Same here, deck adjusting, a few more passes, good mulch blades and maybe a blower. Im not taking clippings with me!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Same here, deck adjusting, a few more passes, good mulch blades and maybe a blower. Im not taking clippings with me!

I don't have time to futz around making multiple passes. The back yard i posted pics of on the last page took 35 minutes. It was about 13,000 Sq Ft. Clippings took exacly 20 seconds to unload with the loader tractor. My clippings go into my big mulch pile for my garden. You can get away with mulching if you want to waste the time on a PPO but on an REO the broker or QC will get you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I don't have time to futz around making multiple passes. The back yard i posted pics of on the last page took 35 minutes. It was about 13,000 Sq Ft. Clippings took exacly 20 seconds to unload with the loader tractor. My clippings go into my big mulch pile for my garden. You can get away with mulching if you want to waste the time on a PPO but on an REO the broker or QC will get you.
I dont have time to futz around with clippings, I wouldnt have room left on the trailer to bring mower back with me... we go out and cut several properties, not one then back to shop. And we do 99% PPO, so QC is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I dont have time to futz around with clippings, I wouldnt have room left on the trailer to bring mower back with me... we go out and cut several properties, not one then back to shop. And we do 99% PPO, so QC is not a problem.

I run a 16 foot trailer and can get a dozen regular lawns on it. That trailer in the pics was just my backup trailer as my main trailer was out on the regular route. From what i'm hearing it's going to get harder for y'all to blow and go on a PPO. They are starting to QC those now too. Mulching 3' of green grass there is no way to make them look good. If it's dry you can get away with it. After it's been cut once it's doable. Wish you luck and i'm glad i'm 95% out of this BS business......

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Matt I got away with it because I'm good at what I do. Even on REO.

Remember I'm the guy that mulched a stupid picky home owner's yard for 2 years before selling my biz.
They caught the new owner of the biz mulching in the first 2 weeks.
They had no clue I was mulching for two years prior.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Matt I got away with it because I'm good at what I do. Even on REO.

Remember I'm the guy that mulched a stupid picky home owner's yard for 2 years before selling my biz.
They caught the new owner of the biz mulching in the first 2 weeks.
They had no clue I was mulching for two years prior.
Where talking 2 feet not 2 inches and you didn't do high end REO's in the 300-500K range like i was doing. Like is said, I can make chit disappear in 2-3 passes but each pass takes extra time. Just as easy to haul it off and save time. The lawn i put pics up on was $250 for the initial, not the $45 amny are getting in other places............

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
2" bawaahaahaa
Sounds like a personal problem.

I did not bag clippings any where I mowed while doing P&P or REO.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
2" bawaahaahaa
Sounds like a personal problem.

I did not bag clippings any where I mowed while doing P&P or REO.

Again most your REO's where dumps. Nobody would notice. I was doing Fannie Mae and there was a QC that was at EVERY ONE of our properties. I still do a bunch of broker direct work and no way am i going to leave grass all over from a 3 foot tall initial cut as that reflects on me. I also bought a tractor and a bush hog for the horrible ones. Using that, i usually have to go over a few days later and vac up as i don't rake.

I'll say it again, On a dumpy REO where you don't know the broker and they pay jack chit leave it lay. On nice properties where you have a personal relationship with the selling agents make yourself look good. I don't work on volume. I WILL NOT take on a grass cut for less than $50 unless it's a postage stamp. Most of my broker direct jobs are $100 a foot of height for standard 15,000 Sq Ft, Paid in a week or 2. Recuts are $75. I can afford to do a nice job for those rates and get referral work form agents this way.

Unlike many on here i don't work on volume. Volume just wears out your equipment and leaves you no $$$$ for replacement. Paul, Why do you bag your commercial accounts? Because the work you do reflects on you as a person and a company. Same here on the bank owneds. It's a small valley and everyone knows my name...........

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Again most your REO's where dumps. Nobody would notice. I was doing Fannie Mae and there was a QC that was at EVERY ONE of our properties. I still do a bunch of broker direct work and no way am i going to leave grass all over from a 3 foot tall initial cut as that reflects on me. I also bought a tractor and a bush hog for the horrible ones. Using that, i usually have to go over a few days later and vac up as i don't rake.

I'll say it again, On a dumpy REO where you don't know the broker and they pay jack chit leave it lay. On nice properties where you have a personal relationship with the selling agents make yourself look good. I don't work on volume. I WILL NOT take on a grass cut for less than $50 unless it's a postage stamp. Most of my broker direct jobs are $100 a foot of height for standard 15,000 Sq Ft, Paid in a week or 2. Recuts are $75. I can afford to do a nice job for those rates and get referral work form agents this way.

Unlike many on here i don't work on volume. Volume just wears out your equipment and leaves you no $$$$ for replacement. Paul, Why do you bag your commercial accounts? Because the work you do reflects on you as a person and a company. Same here on the bank owneds. It's a small valley and everyone knows my name...........

Real volume allows and affords you the ability to service and replace equipment. PP volume pre 2010 would allow this. MT vs WY vs FL
vs AZ volume. Different meanings.

We used to have 3-8 homes on one street in some areas in AZ. In Phoenix you could crack out 40 or so recuts a day during the summer if you started at 5am. 40x$85=$3400 or present day 40x$20=$800.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts

Get out of your head that I left the places looking like crap.
I'm good and make it disappear, I have skillz.

I only bag part of the commercial work I do, up around the buildings, the rest gets shot out and left.
G6 blades and mowing every week doesn't leave much showing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
25 horsepower hustler zero turn. I start at the house, blowing it into the yard. then I trim the hell out of everything. right down to the dirt. back in the drivers seat at the perimeter, exhausting it outward, being careful of the neighbors. if neighbors is cut nice, I go to great lengths to keep the clippings from blowing onto theirs. once it's cut, I go over it again if there's windrows. I also removed the discharge shield. I have been known to spray grass killer around the areas that need to be trimmed. I spend extra time in the spring on each cut so as to save time later in the season. bagging's a bitch. it doesn't work to bag. I overcame it with horsepower. just don't send any rocks thru the neighbors windows.
Grass picking up isnt me. I blow the hell out of them till its tiny pieces. But wc inspectors do get wise to it. Dont make yourself have to go back

21 - 33 of 33 Posts