REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a realtor sign a contract? I've been doing work for mostly realtors lately ,and was wondering if anyone has made them sign a contract. Just looking for another way to cover my arse. I already make homeowners sign them, but haven't found a good way for realtors. Any thoughts?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
griz said:
Yes. Why would they be any different?
Have you worked in the preservation business ? A lot is different, its like another world. For home owners needing renovations and remodeling they all sign contracts, but in this business if you want to work thats not always the case. You could be doing something for as little as $25. Thas not enough for the hassle of a written contract. It's the bigger items I'm wanting a contract signed for.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the Realtors sign a work authorization just like private partieS
That way there is no "gray " in the understanding of what the scope is. Realtors love to "could you please do this while you are there " lines.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FremontREO said:
Yep the Realtors sign a work authorization just like private partieS
That way there is no "gray " in the understanding of what the scope is. Realtors love to "could you please do this while you are there " lines.
Do you use this for occupancy checks? How do you get them to sign it? Email it to them and they sign and send back? Could you send me what you send them? I rarely ever meet them in person.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our w.a. is may not work for your State. On inspections I may not use it but I don't waste my time doing them so......

I'm sure on the forum someone has posted a generic form that your lawyer can tweak to meet your state laws.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FremontREO said:
Our w.a. is may not work for your State. On inspections I may not use it but I don't waste my time doing them so......

I'm sure on the forum someone has posted a generic form that your lawyer can tweak to meet your state laws.
Thanks for your help fremont.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts