REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone working for them! how do you make there ongoing cut work? mow up to an acre,trim bushes,weedeat,blow drive,wipe window sills,ect! all for $35, anyone have luck with getting more money?

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
anyone working for them! how do you make there ongoing cut work? mow up to an acre,trim bushes,weedeat,blow drive,wipe window sills,ect! all for $35, anyone have luck with getting more money?
The guys off Craigslist use these orders as opportunities! You are not seeing the money to be made selling appliances, water heaters, furnaces, and A/C units from this type of order.:thumbup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just mow, edge, weedeat and blow. Just the standard stuff. Barely ever have to trim bushes. If the initial services were done correctly, it should be a breeze. Im in and out in 15-20 mins and I'm getting $32. I go out with my helper and pay him $9 per hour plus lunch. He cuts the lawn, I edge and weedeat and first one done gets to blow.We blow the window seals as well. Usually do 12-20 per day, average 2.5/3 an hour. We usually start at 8 and get back to the shop around 530/6. on our Cyprexx days. Usually I spend $40-50 per day in gas for the cyprexx route, depends on if I need mower gas.
If your a company that has multiple crews doing them (2 guys in a crew) and doing 15 per day plus gas you can still come out making a few hundred even after paying a processor to send in those 15 jobs. Still a bit profitable, but minimal when having employees do the jobs. Of course if you did them by yourself, you will make more.
I personally make decent cash doing them, but I make more with SG, because I get an additional $30 for trimming bushes on top of the grass cut price of $30. In the end, it seems like Cyprexx is paying pennies for all the combined services compared to SG and others, but remember alot of people are doing $22 and $25 grass cuts and are making it work. Even in my area residential lawns are going on average for $20.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
You can't unfortunately...refuse them and let someone else go broke...

·
Registered
751 Posts
I work for them and do okay. But I work either by myself or with family. We can do most properties in 15 -25 min from when we turn off the key at arrival to when we turn it on to leave. Usually 10 to 20 per day depending on whether I am solo or with help.

Some properties take longer, some less. Depends on the size of the lawn and how far apart they are. My typical time between lawns is about 2 - 5 minutes with a few that are out there at 20 minutes.

The trick is for everyone to know what they are supposed to be doing and do it.

Lots of guys around here doing the same work for $15 to $20.

One guys has a 4'x4' sign on the back of his trailer ramp that says "I will cut any lawn for $15 - Mow, edge, trim and blow."

I am thinking about getting a sign made that says "I fix $15 lawn cuts." :thumbsup:

·
Banned
232 Posts
Learned our lesson years ago about them. When we worked through them, we had 4 crews running around. The money was a lot nicer then. We were not incorporated back then. Because of the amount of money we were making and not being incorporated they said they had to pay us from another account. So along with there 20% of the the top they took another 20% from each invoice to cover the cost of book keeping for being paid from the other account. They never told us until we received the first check from the new account setup.

We copy all checks we receive , My wife let me know that first check for that account had the same account numbers from the other account. :censored:

So long Cyprexx...Bunch of thieves.....Stay far away from them

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I work for them and do okay. But I work either by myself or with family. We can do most properties in 15 -25 min from when we turn off the key at arrival to when we turn it on to leave. Usually 10 to 20 per day depending on whether I am solo or with help.

Some properties take longer, some less. Depends on the size of the lawn and how far apart they are. My typical time between lawns is about 2 - 5 minutes with a few that are out there at 20 minutes.

The trick is for everyone to know what they are supposed to be doing and do it.

Lots of guys around here doing the same work for $15 to $20.

One guys has a 4'x4' sign on the back of his trailer ramp that says "I will cut any lawn for $15 - Mow, edge, trim and blow."

I am thinking about getting a sign made that says "I fix $15 lawn cuts." :thumbsup:
area I`m in drive time between lawns is 20 to 40 minutes! Can only do between 6 and 8! say I do 8 @$35 thats $280 ok I pay my employee $80 for the day! fill my truck and mower up $100! ok I have a hundred left and still have to cover,GL,auto,E&O insurances,auto & mower mainte(they do break!)oh about for got TAXES for my employee and workmans comp! Have more but you can see my problem! in the past I just would do them and they would reassign them or I would get what I needed to do them!:furious:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Learned our lesson years ago about them. When we worked through them, we had 4 crews running around. The money was a lot nicer then. We were not incorporated back then. Because of the amount of money we were making and not being incorporated they said they had to pay us from another account. So along with there 20% of the the top they took another 20% from each invoice to cover the cost of book keeping for being paid from the other account. They never told us until we received the first check from the new account setup.

We copy all checks we receive , My wife let me know that first check for that account had the same account numbers from the other account. :censored:

I think I made around a 150,000 with them last year and they are by far the easyest to get along with! never had a charge back!

have been lowering prices, I guiess until enought people quite they will keep lowering them!

·
Banned
232 Posts
I think I made around a 150,000 with them last year and they are by far the easyest to get along with! never had a charge back!

have been lowering prices, I guiess until enought people quite they will keep lowering them!

I worked with them long before they bought that 25 mil bldg they are in now. Even with people quitting there will always be someone there to do a 5 dollar lock change or a 15 dollar yard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cyprexx

I assume you didn't have Workers Comp then. Cyprexx used to pay the workers comp if a contractor didn't have it but they would deduct the cost from your check. They don't allow that anymore and you must have your own.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I assume you didn't have Workers Comp then. Cyprexx used to pay the workers comp if a contractor didn't have it but they would deduct the cost from your check. They don't allow that anymore and you must have your own.

That was just a sad comment. My Company has always been on the up and up. I do not depend on other companies to furnish me as a legitimate company things we should already have or need. They are just idiots in my eyes. Seems you must do work for them. That was just a bad and unjust comment :furious:

·
Registered
11 Posts
That was just a sad comment. My Company has always been on the up and up. I do not depend on other companies to furnish me as a legitimate company things we should already have or need. They are just idiots in my eyes. Seems you must do work for them. That was just a bad and unjust comment :furious:
My apologies. I didn't mean that offensively in any way. I just know that was one reason that could have happened. What was their explanation of why they were deduction 20% from your checks? I haven't heard that before.

·
Banned
232 Posts
My apologies. I didn't mean that offensively in any way. I just know that was one reason that could have happened. What was their explanation of why they were deduction 20% from your checks? I haven't heard that before.

The first 20% was for their cut.Most prices now are fixed prices. The second amount was because they laid some lame excuse about us not being incorporated. They said because we were not a c-corp there was no way we could be making that much money. Therefore they hade to pay us from a different vendor account. They charged another 20% to cover the cost of book keeping for that account. It was just away to scam money is all.

Oh and apologies accepted . Sorry about that, Ill buy you a beer tonight and let you know how it was :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The first 20% was for their cut.Most prices now are fixed prices. The second amount was because they laid some lame excuse about us not being incorporated. They said because we were not a c-corp there was no way we could be making that much money. Therefore they hade to pay us from a different vendor account. They charged another 20% to cover the cost of book keeping for that account. It was just away to scam money is all.

Oh and apologies accepted . Sorry about that, Ill buy you a beer tonight and let you know how it was :thumbup:
I just don't know how this would have happened. How did they know how much money your company made in the first place? They never asked that question. And they don't have any requirement other than WC, general liability insurance and a background check. You may not be interested, but if you are looking for work you may want to get more clarification on what happened with them. They are usually pretty fair.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
Valley.....

Please see the other post I put up about activity you have described...that is illegal...
If you have documentation may be able to assist you....use the address in the post about Fraud....thankxx

·
Banned
232 Posts
I just don't know how this would have happened. How did they know how much money your company made in the first place? They never asked that question. And they don't have any requirement other than WC, general liability insurance and a background check. You may not be interested, but if you are looking for work you may want to get more clarification on what happened with them. They are usually pretty fair.
They knew how much, because i made it from them.

No, i am not looking for work. I have been turning it away

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.