REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a reccomendation for a decent set of goggles/glasses for mowing. They need to be tinted (the darker the better). Basically I'm sick of mowing these dry lawns towards the end of the season and getting those tiny 1/4" spears of grass all over in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

LOL!!! Bald guy wearing those must look like a fly!!! I just wear cheap hardware store sunglasses. Have done the same for 20 years. Used to trim my old mans resort for 8+ hours straight. Looked like a green monster when i was done but never had an issue. A lot of it has to do with how you direct the head. I don't think i could stand ski googles like that when it's hot out........

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!!! Bald guy wearing those must look like a fly!!! I just wear cheap hardware store sunglasses. Have done the same for 20 years. Used to trim my old mans resort for 8+ hours straight. Looked like a green monster when i was done but never had an issue. A lot of it has to do with how you direct the head. I don't think i could stand ski googles like that when it's hot out........

A lot of the problem is that on these small city lawns you need to do most of the lawn going clockwise rather then counter clockwise (in order to keep from blowing the clippings onto the road/sidewalk/driveway) and this means that every time you turn you drive through your own dust cloud.

Honestly I'd rather look like a bug then keep having to rinse all this crap out of my eyes every night.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts

You're a fine guy to talk.

Besides I wear a hat to avoid burning the chrome.

They do more good for dust than the clippings. If Im just trimming I don't worry about the goggles. Just use shades, but mowing in a dust bowl like truck stops become in the summer....... I wear the goggles and a mask if its bad enough.
Laugh away, the crud isn't in my eyes or nose. Thats all that matters.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I agree. Seems like everytime I got on a mower this year the wind was swirling that crap into my eyes and nose. I have no problem wearing goofy looking stuff anymore. Age takes comfort over style when the two can't go together.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Matt ain't figured that one out yet.
lol

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You're a fine guy to talk.

Besides I wear a hat to avoid burning the chrome.

They do more good for dust than the clippings. If Im just trimming I don't worry about the goggles. Just use shades, but mowing in a dust bowl like truck stops become in the summer....... I wear the goggles and a mask if its bad enough.
Laugh away, the crud isn't in my eyes or nose. Thats all that matters.

I keep forgetting you wear "vision enhancers" I guess that could become an issue. All the years farming running tractors without cabs and dust don't bug me......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.