REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using cannon powershoot cameras for the past 8 years. Recently, i've been buying them, and they either don't focus right, have a hard time taking pictures, or there battery life doesnt last. The quality is not what it use to be for them. Can anyone recommend a digital camera for REO work. We take between 500-800 pictures on a given day. This is the recent camera I bought. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120601

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I've been using cannon powershoot cameras for the past 8 years. Recently, i've been buying them, and they either don't focus right, have a hard time taking pictures, or there battery life doesnt last. The quality is not what it use to be for them. Can anyone recommend a digital camera for REO work. We take between 500-800 pictures on a given day. This is the recent camera I bought. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120601
I always view digital cameras as disposable because they never seem to last more then about 15,000 pics for me. I generally just buy them from pawn shops. You can get a pretty decent 2 year old camera for like $30, so I just buy them 3 or 4 at a time and then I usually get about 6 months out of that batch. The best part about doing it this way is when I drop one and break it I don't feel bad.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Throw aways are the best. You can't send hi rez pics anyway. We use sony and the biggest problem is keeping them warm in January.
Acutually, some guys have gone to their cell phones full time.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Throw aways are the best. You can't send hi rez pics anyway. We use sony and the biggest problem is keeping them warm in January.
Acutually, some guys have gone to their cell phones full time.
We use our iPhones for recurring work. Each handset as a mophie charger case or 2. We still use cameras for big jobs.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sometimes you can get great deals on the walmart clearance board in electronics. I got two Sony cybershots for $35/ea about 4-6 months ago. Both are toast already, lens would not come out.

I also bought a nice $350 Nikon. I will say that 3 years later it's still working great, and I have personally dropped it a few times.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Any Cannon A series with rechargable double A's is what i have used for nearly 4 years. Pick them up for $30 to $40 at the local pawn shops....

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

The other issue with Sony is you have to resize all pics as they don't take less than 1.2MP Cannon will take VGA 640x480......
I always resize mine because I never seem to be able to set that part right, faststone works nicely and plops them into a specified folder for me to work from. The ones I generally avoid are the ones with touchscreens like the new fuju, which is a shame because fuji is one of the only ones that uses the same batteries in most of their cameras. I had a stockpile of like 5 or 6 or them so I could keep a couple fully charged in the glove compartment for an emergency.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cannon is great and cheap. I still use the A80 and a A2000si. My favorite is a Lumix TS4 rugged camera. Much faster, water proof, all metal. The battery does not last as long so you need to carry a charger and spares. I use enloope AA's for my Cannons and they last. Enloope are excellent rechargables. Buy them on Amazon for the best prices.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really like the fujifilm camera z200. No lens issues becasue they don't pop out and you can date add or remove date stamps

·
Registered
343 Posts
finepix 3800 my first one was 400 bux but i buy em now for 30 or so on ebay they do take 4 aa batts but they last pretty well get about a year out of them there biggish in size but you can dial the pic size way low and upload very quickly

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use Nikon coolpixs3300 love it,have drop afew times but still is working good. I send my employees with cheap kodak easyshire(remans).

·
Registered
21 Posts
This camera is great and I can't wear it out

The Olympus Tough is a great camera . It's pricy arounf 200.00 but the lens does not extend so it never breaks.
I love this thing. I have had the same camera for 2 years .
Takes 300 to 500 pics a day and still clicking

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use the Olympus FE-340 because it has an optical zoom lens and good low light capability. Plus, it's older so I can get it at pawn shops or eBay for $50-$100. I usually go through 1 per year. It's an 8 megapixel camera, but I use the 3 megapixel size and then just re-size everything to 640x480 using FastStone. That way if I ever need to crop in to something I have the pixels to do it.

I stick with this camera because it has proprietary batteries and chargers (which I already have) so I don't have to keep buying new accessories every time dirt gets in the lens mechanism from thawing pipes in a crawlspace. I carry 3 batteries with me when I'm in the field, and I also have a small quick charger that I can plug into my truck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I gotta go get another one tomorrow. I was using the $80 coolpix one and I liked it except it takes to long to recharge the flash between pic's. Is there any one's out there that reload the flash faster so I dont have to take 5 min a room waiting on the damm flash?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts