REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys bid tree trim jobs? We bid man hours plus cyd if it's a standard trim away from a roof. A national told us they want dimensions "like 1x3 " they said. I explained how branches are three dimensional and you can't measure them in square footage but they wouldn't budge. Wtf?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Cubicle minds.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just put how long it is and how many CYD. I really don't have time to measure the actual diameter if they start with needing the diameter, I tell them to give it to somebody else.
One time I bid to cut down a tree that was rubbing against the house. 12 ft high with 3 branches of the same height. Put that and the cubic yards. They asked 2 times what is the diameter of every branch? My answer was the next guy can tell you. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
How do you guys bid tree trim jobs? We bid man hours plus cyd if it's a standard trim away from a roof. A national told us they want dimensions "like 1x3 " they said. I explained how branches are three dimensional and you can't measure them in square footage but they wouldn't budge. Wtf?
I had the same thing. I just figure my price like normal then give them their 3 dimensions.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Hey that could be a $$ maker!

Limb #1: 2" x 144" $35
Limb #2 4" x 120" $30
Limb #3 5" x 240" $60
so on and so on TILL
Tree Trunk 48" x 360" $450

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey that could be a $$ maker!

Limb #1: 2" x 144" $35
Limb #2 4" x 120" $30
Limb #3 5" x 240" $60
so on and so on TILL
Tree Trunk 48" x 360" $450

I've actually bid a trim job like this mostly to be a [email protected]#$. I even calculated every other limb a cyd of debris. They accepted my bid and approved 30 days later lol.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I told her there were about 8, 8' long branches that were 2" in diameter. So she came up with 2x2x8. Which I realize now is like 1 CYD. Oops. Oh well, it won't be a difficult job whatsoever. Probably 15 minutes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
itsa about yay by yo and god awful tall im thinking 300 unless i have to rebid then its about 12 x 20 by the fifth power of 8 then its 600 CURRENTLY OUR E AND O PROHIBITS US FROM LADDERS and elevated work but if you could get us 800 we could get her done in an hour Oh for the good old days BTW need a POC EMAIL on that

·
Registered
80 Posts
On tree bids I usually just give an estimate of trunk diameter and estimated height. I don't measure it for them though. Only one client asks for it. Never been a problem. They just want some numbers to plug in.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On tree bids I usually just give an estimate of trunk diameter and estimated height. I don't measure it for them though. Only one client asks for it. Never been a problem. They just want some numbers to plug in.
I would get that on a tree removal. But this is just trimming branches away from a roof.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
This may sound strange...$25 a branch....and I'm trimming a minimum of 10...
But that is how we bill....

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
We bid Height x width x depth we also factor in the amount of limbs we need to cut/drop. Chains, braces, man hours, dump fee's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts