REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Dixie Chopper Mower

7K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  XLARGEX 
#1 ·
I am considering purchasing a Dixie Chopper mower. Anyone on here use one or owned one in the past?

#5 ·
G
#7 ·
Dixie Chopper

I own the 34" cut Silver Eagle and love it. 27hp Generac, and 34" cut, now that's slinging some grass! Being able to get into back yards on a zero turn is priceless. It is a very rare occasion that I have to pull out the push for a bank owned property. Homeowners, now that's a different story;)

G
#9 ·
#11 ·
All this walker love is going to cause mtmntman to go into a hate filled rage.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

G
#12 ·
BPWY said:

I have used MANY ZTR Mowers. The Walker is by far the most agreeable, smoothest, maintainable, go-all-day mower.

Cut to fill. Find a spot. Back up. Flip the lever. Dump. Mow on!

The Hydraulics System is unbeatable!

#13 ·
BPWY said:

Naah, Just not made for large properties like i run. And high maintenance like a woman. I fix my own chit when i breaks and i would NOT want to futz with a Walker the way they are put together. Their perfect for small pretty, smooooth lots with a ton of landscaping but my grasshopper will kick a Walker butt on large properties. I also rarely bag so when i don't my blower comes off. One less thing to power. 60" cut and .6 gallons of diesel per hour. Also can't use a walker on rough ground unless you are willing to creep along at snail speeds so your feet don't fly off the deck. As long as they are in their element Walkers are ok. Walkers are made to cut fine turf grass. They do not handle rough ground or heavy grass very well at all from what i have seen. My old man has a 1999 928D grasshopper with north of 3,000 hours on it. One set of belts and a bad hydro motor was all that he has ever done to it. Mine has 900 hours on it.......

10 seconds to 18 second is a setup like mine......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoGFPDPB80

#14 ·
Walkers are more versatile than you want to admit.

How ever if I was buying a rough ground mower it'd be a Hustler with a 72'' deck.
It'll leave your grass putz in its dust.

G
#17 ·
We run a Dixie chopper XXWD5000 50 hp diesel. I think 1 of the 100 yards we maintain you can almost run full speed all others it will throw you off like a bull. On a good note the 50 hp and 72" deck have eliminated the need for a bush hog. Cut a 1/2 acre 3 days ago at a house that was burnt down and the agent decided they wanted the lot partially cleaned up. It hasn't been mowed in 3 years, there were rows of 1" plus thick TREES growing all over and the grass or hay field was 6' tall in most areas. Took a little over an hour but didnt even start to bog it down.... oh and it rained the day before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.