REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do work for cyprexx in KY and TN.Did home in TN yesterday. All the lines were full of water ,toilets were full of water also. But they did drain the water heater and put there signs up! Must be one of those $40 winterization I have been hearing adout:thumbup:

I have been seeing this for the few years now, maybe 1 in 10 are done correct!

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
standard operating procedure....

In seven years...I have yet to see a property with SG wint stickers on them properly winterized...not one

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts

In seven years...I have yet to see a property with SG wint stickers on them properly winterized...not one

I can show you a few................. the ones I did.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Happens all the time and has for a long while. It is really no fun to make the phone call to the broker that sent us to do a dewinterization to a property under contract for the appraiser, when the buyer (and sellers) believe the house is in good mechanical shape, that the plumbing is completely junk and freeze damaged.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
This is what we see ALL THE TIME:Water heaters at least partially full.Interior water shut off is on (basement or crawl or slab, doesn't matter)Residual water in the supply lines.One clean toilet, for photos; the rest are crapped up and dry.Wint notices in the sink or the counter from "Rick's Roofing" or "Simon's Pest Control." They may have a plumber on staff, they just don't send him anywhere.The bank, the broker, the property manager, no one knows the system isn't intact or properly winterized.My guys ask how these guys can get away with that kind of work. I don't think they are around long enough for it to come back and bite them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I do work for cyprexx in KY and TN.Did home in TN yesterday. All the lines were full of water ,toilets were full of water also. But they did drain the water heater and put there signs up! Must be one of those $40 winterization I have been hearing adout:thumbup:

I have been seeing this for the few years now, maybe 1 in 10 are done correct!
When the price drops so does the standard. Minimum price = minimum amount of time to be spent on task.

Its simple economics but these nationals were absent on that day of lecture.

When we were doing them for realtors @$100 ea for a dry wint they would get a completely blown system water heater drained all the way and if there was sediment in the water heater preventing it from draining we would replace the valve and charge em 75 on top. They wanted the assurance it was done correctly. Thays why we looked forward to wint season. One day did 10 wints and were home in 9 hours. my laborer and I had a system and it went smmoooooooooooth .

·
Registered
343 Posts
just got back from a done by SG wint the stickers were from 2 years ago full pressure test and passed de winted for broker and fired the boiler 0 issues broker was complaining about Workquality in todays contractors he said he hasnt had a no problem dewint in a very long time and wanted to get a hold of the guy who did this one and do i know him ,, i said sure i see him every morning when i shave hes looking right at me LOL looks like i just grabbed a new client

·
Registered
616 Posts
just got back from a done by SG wint the stickers were from 2 years ago full pressure test and passed de winted for broker and fired the boiler 0 issues broker was complaining about Workquality in todays contractors he said he hasnt had a no problem dewint in a very long time and wanted to get a hold of the guy who did this one and do i know him ,, i said sure i see him every morning when i shave hes looking right at me LOL looks like i just grabbed a new client
Thats the way to do it. Pimp your self out !! Quality will prevail in the industry

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

I haven't done a wint for them since 2009. Never had a problem. In fact, the brokers call to have my brother in law who worked for me to do all of theirs. He's a plumber in SLC, he drives up to Park City, Heber City, Fruitland, Roosevelt, Vernal etc for these realtors. He and his family represent us at the Century21 Christmas parties there every year. If he's not to busy, he also does the Fannie Mae rekeys.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I'm curious, does a wint go faster with 2 people? 75% of the time I spend on wints is waiting for the water heater to drain. I don't see what a second person would do other then carry stuff?
Much faster. One sets up while the other does all the photos and checking everything. While its running, break the home up in 2 and start filling out stickers.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Much faster. One sets up while the other does all the photos and checking everything. While its running, break the home up in 2 and start filling out stickers.
I agree it's twice as fast with 1 doing all the condition pictures. Unless your the company before me that did a wint because they never filled out the postings. not even a date????

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
It is god to see that there are some that take pride in their work...just wish there were more of US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm curious, does a wint go faster with 2 people? 75% of the time I spend on wints is waiting for the water heater to drain. I don't see what a second person would do other then carry stuff?

well good gosh yea it does when we get there one guys going around house doing outside the other guy is rolling lines and firing up the compressor looking for high spot for air introduction then down to basement to connect HW up, guy one after its running is toggling on and off the water taking room pics as he moves and making digitally recorded notes on his phone and clearing cleaning toilets guy 2 is filling out PW and temp taping them away from the appliances for after pics etc etc the key is be working while the HW is draining you can blow out the sinks and such WHILE the hw is draining .. Boilers are an entity unto themselves and are done at least by us as stand alones

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.