REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to apologize for a former post asking why everyone bitches so much in this line of work I now know!

So neighbors dogs drive me nuts!! The other day 3 of these huge dogs sat there barking non stop while I was at this property and the owner never come out and tell them to stop (I seen them looking out the window)

Only thing I have found so far that shuts them up is when I fire up the weed trimmer and run it against the fence :devil2:

Half tempted to start carrying a squirt gun full of vinegar but I honestly wouldnt do that unless the dogs decided to cross that fence which was barely higher then my chest...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got attacked by 2 pit bulls 2 years ago at a property that I had a grass cut order for, 2 weeks earlier had reported it as occupied, BOA sent me back. Garage had been converted to a residence, so there were 2 houses on the property. Had double front Dickies on, teeth never punctured my pants, kicked the **** out of the dogs to get them off of me, animal control came and got the dogs. Vacancy inspector apparently just drove by and took pictures of the front, never checked the other house.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My good friends sister bought a house from a bank at an auction. They showed up to move in and there was a 70 year old man living there. The first thing he said, pleading was "I'm 70 years old." Knew he wasn't supposed to live there anymore. Probably couldn't afford to pay his mortgage anymore.

Now they have to evict the guy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I had a dog at a property that I got sent 3 times go to deal with. Every time I contacted the city and explained that it needed to go. Problem was that they didn't have animal control. Basically Bob (the sheriff) would take care of it, but he was never around. So I sent the info back and trip charged it (120 miles out of my way for this so I'm pissed). The dog was super vicious, I had never seen it because it liked to sit in the garage right behind where the door opened. So if I went in the garage I would pop in like 2 feet from him. The city knew the dog and said to be careful they had dealings with it before.The third time I got it back I called the city and told them "I'm 2 hours out and going to stop by to see if its gone, if it's still there I'm going to shoot it" and when I got there it was gone. :thumbup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
We went into a house a while back, from the outside appeared vacant. utils off, grass overgrown. Looking in windows we saw that the big furniture had been removed. Crack the lock on the rear door, start taking pictures, down the hall a bedroom door is closed. As I start to open it, a notice a moving shadow under the door. I kinda freaked a bit, not knowning what it was. So I knock on the door and say "Hello!" real loud. WOOF! WOOOF! WOOOF! and the dog starts scratching and chewing on the other side of the door. I'm not too proud to say - I ran like a scared little girl.

We get outside, and a neighbor has come to the fence between the backyards. He's got a kind of smirk of his face as I come running out the door. He says "I see you met Killer." We laugh and talk a bit. He knows the past occupants, calls them to come get the dog.

That's almost as scared as I was the time I looked down a dark hallway to see this big SOB standing at the other end...only to realize it's my own reflection in a full length mirror. LOL In the one and a half heartbeats it took me to recognize myself, the hairs on my neck were standing staight up!

Reactions: 68W30

·
Banned
232 Posts
I had a dog at a property that I got sent 3 times go to deal with. Every time I contacted the city and explained that it needed to go. Problem was that they didn't have animal control. Basically Bob (the sheriff) would take care of it, but he was never around. So I sent the info back and trip charged it (120 miles out of my way for this so I'm pissed). The dog was super vicious, I had never seen it because it liked to sit in the garage right behind where the door opened. So if I went in the garage I would pop in like 2 feet from him. The city knew the dog and said to be careful they had dealings with it before.The third time I got it back I called the city and told them "I'm 2 hours out and going to stop by to see if its gone, if it's still there I'm going to shoot it" and when I got there it was gone. :thumbup:

Haha... works everytime. :thumbup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ha ha. I have definitely scared the crap out of myself more than once because of a mirror
OH I hate those Damm mirrors. Had 1 house that the owner was a body builder.
power off and went into the basement with just my florescent light and half of the basement was mirrored. thought I was being attacked.scared the **** right out of me. Lucky I didnt shoot myself. :gun_bandana:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bring my dog with me on all my jobs. She is very dominate. I've never seen her dominated if that makes sense. Dogs, when they meet each other feel each other out for dominance and she always gets it. Even bigger or aggressive dogs don't mess with her and she's just a little beagle. I don't think it's cool using a weed whacker on a dog. If you can't control a domestic animal then you should be embarrassed. Most of us are grown men here, I don't think many of us are getting attacked by rabid pit bulls with razor teeth.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I bring my dog with me on all my jobs. She is very dominate. I've never seen her dominated if that makes sense. Dogs, when they meet each other feel each other out for dominance and she always gets it. Even bigger or aggressive dogs don't mess with her and she's just a little beagle. I don't think it's cool using a weed whacker on a dog. If you can't control a domestic animal then you should be embarrassed. Most of us are grown men here, I don't think many of us are getting attacked by rabid pit bulls with razor teeth.
can I work where u work. Around here the areas I work have a lot of dogs I wouldn't trust at all. I wont hesitate with a weed wacker in the slightest.
P.s. yes I am a dog lover but a hospital hater.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Obviously you have never worked in Sanford, Florida. I believe the only dog allowed within the city limits is a rabid pit bull that is dead set on biting everyone it comes in contact with. This fact is one of the reasons I walked away from over 20 properties there.

I got tired of having to carry a machete just so I could do my job. At one property the owner came outside to see what all the racket was. It was her huge pit bull barking and snapping at me while lunging against the end of the steel cable around its neck to try and get to me.

I asked her to put it up and she just stared at me. I told her that if it broke free and came after me I would cut its head off. She got in her car and left.

This is typical of dog owners in that area. There are a lot of pit bulls and the owners think it is cool for them to be aggressive.

I was almost killed by a toy dachshund when I was 10 years old. It bit me in the face and the wounds got infected. I do not fool with aggressive dogs. I will leave if I can and I will kill them if I can't.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Had a local client about 5 years ago that sent an order over for a site clean up after a death. This is a industry unlike REO that has very specific requirements. The young woman had an aneurism in her bathroom and fell against the door, shutting herself in with her boyfriend's pitbull and her puppies. The dog attacked her and, either during or after the woman's death, had chewed/ripped her face off from the throat up. Not trying to make this a PB thread, they just seem to be mentioned here a lot. I fear no dog, never have; but I'm not stupid enough to think they won't attack unless provoked either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For the most part unless a dog is retarded you can control it. Obviously abused dogs would fall into the retarded category but guys just bring real pepper spray. Don't use wasp spray. It contains neurotoxins and will kill the dog. Had a kitten that just licked the flee stuff that contains the same stuff and it had seizures and died within hours.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im not to scared of being attacked since I usually carry mace Or a pretty meaty knife. Regardless some dogs are unpredictable. They just irritate the hell out of me when they bark and bark and....well you get the point Whenever I owned a dog it was trained well and never barked unless some one actually entered my property

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im not to scared of being attacked since I usually carry mace Or a pretty meaty knife. Regardless some dogs are unpredictable. They just irritate the hell out of me when they bark and bark and....well you get the point Whenever I owned a dog it was trained well and never barked unless some one actually entered my property
Had some annoying roosters and chickens the other day lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.