REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, what a great place. I see I can learn a lot here.

I have just been contacted to rekey some Fannie Mae properties. I have asked the Listing Agent several times for guidelines on what needs to be rekeyed and how they need it done.

I know the master key that we are using but have questions like do deadbolts have to be changed or can I just cover the hole with a plate and dummy it out.

Also on storage units like this does it get a latch or doorknob or both? I am in SW Florida, not sure if that makes a difference in Fannie expectations/guidelines

Can anyone point me in the right direction?:thumbsup:

I just want to do a good job but cant get them to get me the rules to go by

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Ask the company you are working for what their guidelines are.

Reactions: Freddie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We only sell Fannie Mae Homes and HUD homes. Since its been a struggle to get a response from them I want to go directly to the source

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Usually on REO properties the knoblocks & deadbolts should both be operable. As for the shed pic you posted, if that door can be secured with the knoblock & deadbolt, I would just change them & not put the hasp & padlock on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the situations when that is not the case...thanks for your help.

I was hoping to find guidelines that spell it out

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Go back to the contract you signed and re-read it for directions.
In your first post you mentioned you had a contract. If you signed it and it doesn't spell out what
needs done then I believe you are in way way way over your head.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Go back to your contact and ask them for guidelines.

They know what they want you to do and not do.
Mess that up and you risk not being paid!!!! High risk.

We can try to give advice but in the long run we do not know what their wishes, requirements and demands will be.
We all run the risk of bad advice and then blame for the wrong advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have asked via phone and email 2x each. They are pretty busy I guess.

I was hoping someone here had Fannie Me guidelines as my contact doesn't seem to call me back, they have sent me a couple orders in the past few days but haven't answered my question

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Try Google.
I don't have a link.

Man if they are that hard to reach I might have a light bulb going off about how it'll be to resolve payment issues.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Jflor
Search the forum for this company you are working for and check reviews.

As far as fannie guidelines a quick Google search of 2013 fannie guidelines should yield what you are looking for.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes, I have asked via phone and email 2x each. They are pretty busy I guess.

I was hoping someone here had Fannie Me guidelines as my contact doesn't seem to call me back, they have sent me a couple orders in the past few days but haven't answered my question

I do Fannie Mae for 5 Brothers and normally I change locks on one door of home

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I believe he is rekeying REO's for a broker. I have been doing them for years. All locks, $150 max allowable. No guidelines I know of.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes rekeying for a Master Broker with Fannie Mae. So I guess change everything and make sure its all secure.

Lanais? I have seen them use pieces of wood, shower rods, and metal clips at the top

Sheds I guess use latches

Any place that has a doorknob put a doorknob and any place theres a deadbolt put a dead bolt?

Keep it simple:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I only do Fannie Mae rekeys right now, all of Lee county and Bonita Springs
I always chuckle when I hear people say something like this, like Bonita Springs isn't in Lee County. Not picking at you it's just funny to me.

Any plans to do more than just re-keys?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes its kind of confusing for most people that don't know.

Its easier for me to say Bonita Springs in case someone thinks that Bonita isn't in Lee county, this way I don't miss out on business from people that think that Bonita is in Collier county.

Here's something I bet most didn't know...getting off topic but you started it and I don't think there are available guidelines or at least we cant find them. I have made money by not including Bonita in Lee county, at the risk of sounding a little "ignorant", but inside I chuckle like you.

Little do many people know that there are Collier County Beaches in Bonita Springs. At the entry to the Barefoot Beach Community is a large Collier County beach park. In addition to the Collier Count Parks Beaches there is a State Park at the south end of Barefoot Beach. The state park is accessible via Barefoot Beach Blvd across the Street from The Bonita Beach and Tennis Club Condominiums.
Collier County offers beach parking to visitors and residents with beach permits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts