REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anyone have any information on this? As grasscut season is ending, we are looking for ways to keep our subs busy. Is there a site to apply to contract work related to Sandy?
How about FEMA inspection in North East? Where are you located?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Contact local fire and water repair outfits. Talk to Servpro etc.. They are probably subbing out work. Sears has a fire and storm division also. Find local contractors in the areas and offer your services.

The main thing is you need local approval and all the paper work, so being a sub under another national or already established out fit would probably be the best approach if you are not a locally known vendor.

When we did storm work in the SE, the local county and states had temp license and registration for out of state contractors. But, I don't know how that works in a LABOR UNION controlled area. I'm sure its not as easy, probably have to be a Union member first I don't know. Haven't done much work in the NE.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Contact local fire and water repair outfits. Talk to Servpro etc.. They are probably subbing out work. Sears has a fire and storm division also. Find local contractors in the areas and offer your services.

The main thing is you need local approval and all the paper work, so being a sub under another national or already established out fit would probably be the best approach if you are not a locally known vendor.

When we did storm work in the SE, the local county and states had temp license and registration for out of state contractors. But, I don't know how that works in a LABOR UNION controlled area. I'm sure its not as easy, probably have to be a Union member first I don't know. Haven't done much work in the NE.

Yup! The Unions will be controlling the cleanup and because of this it will take 3X as long to complete.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is all about the money with them.
I saw a project go union by force and the people were already making heavy highway rates. After the union finished they were making 50% less after dues and they were locked in to that by actual force. The locals did not want to join. The labors were screwed the most.

It reminded me of a day labor service. The men get $10, company still pays $19 plus the usual taxes. I thought $19 per hour was a good wage for a labor in KY 12 years ago. We offerd no deductible health care starting at $11 per week. We left a month later and went to a good non hostile place that paid much more with insurance. It was non-union in Atlanta.

·
Registered
172 Posts
All contractors, Subcontractors and Associate Venders and Suppliers:

As everyone knows, the North East was just hit with a major storm that has caused incredible amounts of damage. We are in dialog’s with various insurance companies and government agencies and evaluating the specific areas that need immediate clean up and restoration construction services throughout the entire region. We are evaluating construction and subcontractor base and associate venders that have the experience, licensing, tools etc., and are willing to assist. We need the following information ASAP so we can update our files and know our exact capabilities moving forward with our contractor base:

1. Full name and Company name
2. Location
3. Experience in disaster cleanup
4. Expertise and Capabilities (ex. Roofing, Plumbing, Electrical, light handyman, Dry-outs/Pack-outs, Water extraction, etc..)
5. All Licensing that you hold (Please send in copies)
6. Insurance that you currently carry (Please send in updated copy)
7. Bonding Capabilities and a history of same if you have been bonded in the past. ( List Contact information and a copy of your last Performance and/or Payment Bond issued by your insurance carrier) *IF APPLIES
7. How quick can you be available to work?
8. Are you willing to go out of state?
9. Number of subcontractors or workers in your teams ?
10. Can you expand your current subcontractor base and or employee team, and by how many ?

As we move forward and contract, we will be in contact and update all that are interested. PLEASE RESPOND WITHIN NEXT 48 HOURS.

I'm leaving the originator of this email off of here untill I ask him if it's ok to put this out in public (I can't imagine he would mind but I'll let him make that call)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

As everyone knows, the North East was just hit with a major storm that has caused incredible amounts of damage. We are in dialog’s with various insurance companies and government agencies and evaluating the specific areas that need immediate clean up and restoration construction services throughout the entire region. We are evaluating construction and subcontractor base and associate venders that have the experience, licensing, tools etc., and are willing to assist. We need the following information ASAP so we can update our files and know our exact capabilities moving forward with our contractor base:

2. Location
4. Expertise and Capabilities (ex. Roofing, Plumbing, Electrical, light handyman, Dry-outs/Pack-outs, Water extraction, etc..)
7. Bonding Capabilities and a history of same if you have been bonded in the past. ( List Contact information and a copy of your last Performance and/or Payment Bond issued by your insurance carrier) *IF APPLIES
10. Can you expand your current subcontractor base and or employee team, and by how many ?

As we move forward and contract, we will be in contact and update all that are interested. PLEASE RESPOND WITHIN NEXT 48 HOURS.

I'm leaving the originator of this email off of here untill I ask him if it's ok to put this out in public (I can't imagine he would mind but I'll let him make that call)

MSI e-mailed me the same thing. If your not Union and want to work up their, GOOD LUCK.........

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
If we didn't have to worry about snow plowing I could have 4 guys on the road already.

But with the very heavy snow load we have (if it snows) and now the unions turning non union workers away....................
I'm gonna stay home in my lazy boy and post on the interwebz about how stupid the unions are when people are hurting.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If we didn't have to worry about snow plowing I could have 4 guys on the road already.

But with the very heavy snow load we have (if it snows) and now the unions turning non union workers away....................
I'm gonna stay home in my lazy boy and post on the interwebz about how stupid the unions are when people are hurting.
You took the words out of my mouth, people are freezing, no power, no drinking water, and the unions are playing hardball.......
So let the people suffer so we can keep the money in house?

I was in the teamsters union for 8 years and the day I left was the happiest day of my life! The unions are all crooks!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts

2. Location

I got the same email from NAPA

·
Registered
236 Posts
The adjusters that have went are saying they are holed up in motels up to 120 miles away. With fuel shortages & the low rates in P&P I see absolutely no profit to be gained.

Ok my mom taught me "if I don't have anything good to say just keep my mouth shut":thumbup: - OK I will break the RULE!...........WHY GIVE THESE P&P co. a GLORY at our expense!

Why not volunteer your time and sweat directly with RED CROSS - you will gain goodwill with your company name.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.