REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up with Five Brothers about a month ago and all I keep getting is calls and emails to do inspections for them for $16-$20. I did a few then found I was spending more in fuel than I was making after hunting for these house.

I have since then removed myself from the inspection list in hopes of getting in there Trash-Outs and Routine Lawn work. Anyone have experience working for Five Brothers and if so what is there pay per cut on routine lawns and also there Trash Out work?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
AffordablePS said:
I signed up with Five Brothers about a month ago and all I keep getting is calls and emails to do inspections for them for $16-$20. I did a few then found I was spending more in fuel than I was making after hunting for these house.

I have since then removed myself from the inspection list in hopes of getting in there Trash-Outs and Routine Lawn work. Anyone have experience working for Five Brothers and if so what is there pay per cut on routine lawns and also there Trash Out work?

Thanks


Like many, the USED to be a good company to work for. Now they have their head inserted and a certain dark area. Oh the stories i could tell as of late..............................
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
I HAD 9 good months with them at first. The 2 months that led to the end of our working relationship were full of lies and BS.



If you are signed with inspections you will not get any P&P with them.
Or thats how they used to be.
They go to great lengths to keep the inspectors and contractors away from each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
AffordablePS said:
I am hoping by me removing myself as an inspector this will cause the P&P to come my way...

Thanks


Good luck and be ready to be screwed by your fellow contractor trying to make work.............
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
AffordablePS said:
I am hoping by me removing myself as an inspector this will cause the P&P to come my way...

Thanks





Unless you resign as an inspector and rehire as a contractor it'll never happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
They sent me a form that I had to remove myself as an inspector leaving me in the P&P and Lawn Checked boxes. I faxed that back to them Thursday..... I cover 125 mile area in 7 counties so maybe something will come...

How are they with Lawn Pay and Initial Work Pay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
AffordablePS said:
They sent me a form that I had to remove myself as an inspector leaving me in the P&P and Lawn Checked boxes. I faxed that back to them Thursday..... I cover 125 mile area in 7 counties so maybe something will come...

How are they with Lawn Pay and Initial Work Pay?
Very good
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Until they start allowing other vendors to lie about your work. Then its a very rapid down hill slide into no work and eventual firing.

As long as you are a great yes man and do exactly what they say without ever questioning them..... you'll probably get along fine.
Soon as you start standing up for yourself and your business bottom line..... they've got no more use for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
BPWY said:
Until they start allowing other vendors to lie about your work. Then its a very rapid down hill slide into no work and eventual firing.

As long as you are a great yes man and do exactly what they say without ever questioning them..... you'll probably get along fine.
Soon as you start standing up for yourself and your business bottom line..... they've got no more use for you.
What you're saying is true. I won all disputes but 1 because of all the photos i took. I proved to them that their other vendor was staging debris to up his earnings. I caught this fool in the act.

Theres this thing call YouTube. And an iPhone. And a sign in sheet. A license plate. And I asked who he was on video and asked what he was doing. I advised him that we did a dry wint on the property 1 week ago. There was no damages. And i reminded him of the city code that states nobody is to zip tie or remove the water meter unless you're a city employee. This was in a small area in Utah's uinta basin. I have a great relationship with the 3 water companies that provide services. I called them over as I knew they would fine this fool on the spot. I also knew I was one of 2 Utah vendors that services that area. Unless they brought someone in from Rangely Colorado. no regionals cover that area for 5 Bros.

Sent the video to 5 bros and told them i had better not be held responsible for this hacks nonsense. I also advised them i would send the video to their client. To cover myself. I had 8 witnesses as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
What you're saying is true. I won all disputes but 1 because of all the photos i took. I proved to them that their other vendor was staging debris to up his earnings. I caught this fool in the act.

Theres this thing call YouTube. And an iPhone. And a sign in sheet. A license plate. And I asked who he was on video and asked what he was doing. I advised him that we did a dry wint on the property 1 week ago. There was no damages. And i reminded him of the city code that states nobody is to zip tie or remove the water meter unless you're a city employee. This was in a small area in Utah's uinta basin. I have a great relationship with the 3 water companies that provide services. I called them over as I knew they would fine this fool on the spot. I also knew I was one of 2 Utah vendors that services that area. Unless they brought someone in from Rangely Colorado. no regionals cover that area for 5 Bros.

Sent the video to 5 bros and told them i had better not be held responsible for this hacks nonsense. I also advised them i would send the video to their client. To cover myself. I had 8 witnesses as well.



I had video and plenty of pics to cover my butt. They've got brazen in their banging of the contractors now.

The other guy not only lied about my work but also vandalized one of the doors and took any personals that were of even small value.
(the way I knew the other lying sack had vandalized the door was that it was kicked OUT, not in)
This is by their logic. Since only myself and the other guy had been signed in it was my fault that the winterization was not completed and no body else's.

We all know how big of a joke that sign in sheet is. Most houses don't have one, most of the ones that do nobody will sign or they sign false info. etc

My life is so much less stressful not working for them or any body else.
I'm happy to do local work for local clients.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
BPWY said:
I had video and plenty of pics to cover my butt. They've got brazen in their banging of the contractors now.

The other guy not only lied about my work but also vandalized one of the doors and took any personals that were of even small value.
(the way I knew the other lying sack had vandalized the door was that it was kicked OUT, not in)
This is by their logic. Since only myself and the other guy had been signed in it was my fault that the winterization was not completed and no body else's.

We all know how big of a joke that sign in sheet is. Most houses don't have one, most of the ones that do nobody will sign or they sign false info. etc

My life is so much less stressful not working for them or any body else.
I'm happy to do local work for local clients.
Your VM didn't go to bat for you? What a joke!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Your VM didn't go to bat for you? What a joke!!






Nope, she told me she believed me for what it was worth but that there was nothing she could do.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why would anybody do this kind of work? Sell your skills to people who can afford them. If your skill set ends at trash outs then go back to school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
ohiohomedoctor said:
Why would anybody do this kind of work? Sell your skills to people who can afford them. If your skill set ends at trash outs then go back to school.
Most of us do more than this just type of work. We just share our experiences here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
I'd beat somebody's azz.






I haven't even told all the story. You'd really want to if you knew all the details.

But they aint worth it.


This happened a year ago and I've survived and am stronger as a company in spite of them and their efforts.
They served a purpose and that was to carry me thru the winter of 09 and spring/summer of 2010. With out the work from them there is no doubt I would have folded up. They were my major source of work during that time.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BPWY said:
I had video and plenty of pics to cover my butt. They've got brazen in their banging of the contractors now.

The other guy not only lied about my work but also vandalized one of the doors and took any personals that were of even small value.
(the way I knew the other lying sack had vandalized the door was that it was kicked OUT, not in)
This is by their logic. Since only myself and the other guy had been signed in it was my fault that the winterization was not completed and no body else's.

We all know how big of a joke that sign in sheet is. Most houses don't have one, most of the ones that do nobody will sign or they sign false info. etc

My life is so much less stressful not working for them or any body else.
I'm happy to do local work for local clients.
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but could you PM with a quick message as to the best way to get hooked in with local PP/residual cut clients?


Also, to the guy that is looking to cover a 125 mile area for lawn cuts - I would advise establishing a base of local clients for lawn care. This can be easily done through internet advertising (ie Craigslist) and cheap advertising (bandit signs). This provides a steady cash flow from cuts. Also, you're not dealing with NET/30 or NET/60 contracts because you are usually paid the same day or within a week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Paradox said:
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but could you PM with a quick message as to the best way to get hooked in with local PP/residual cut clients?


Also, to the guy that is looking to cover a 125 mile area for lawn cuts - I would advise establishing a base of local clients for lawn care. This can be easily done through internet advertising (ie Craigslist) and cheap advertising (bandit signs). This provides a steady cash flow from cuts. Also, you're not dealing with NET/30 or NET/60 contracts because you are usually paid the same day or within a week.




Can't help you on local P&P.
Haven't been successful in my efforts to aquire any of them.
98% of my work is now local non bank owned customers.
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top