REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do vendors have a hard time getting payed from five brothers?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do a search, there was a whole thread related to 5 brothers not too long ago.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drc2012 said:
therre good about paying,but they like too ajust bids by using bogus cost estimator:rolleyes:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive never had a recycle yard check bounce yet.

Introductions are in order wouldn't you say?

·
Contractor
486 Posts
drc2012 said:
In my experience with 5 Bros, they mean well, but there are too many spoons in the pot on one simple Work Order. After submission there are dozens of emails and follow-ups. Back in June of 2011 I bid repairing a porch roof with rolled roofing, bid was accepted by 5 Bros in Sept. Was paid 30 days later, Now a week ago I get an email indicating that they want to back charge me saying the roof leaks. I was mindful enough to take interior photo's of the ceiling of the porch roof I had repaired, and there are no differences in interior photo's taken in Sept and photo's taken a week ago. The origina interior ceiling damage was never repaired. I know how their interior inspectors constantly report the same damage over and over, and have requested that they produce photo's of water coming thru the roof.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jfmurphy,

Sad to say but there probably sent another contractor to that property 5+ times to inspect/bid the same spot and got fedup with the bs and finally threw some water on ceiling to show the roof is an active leak. Thats how the game is played. IMO NO roof should be repaired but should always be a complete replacement and any water staining on an interior ceiling should be included in/with the roof bid. This prevents/retards the auditor from noting a possible active leak.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
FremontREO said:
Jfmurphy,

Sad to say but there probably sent another contractor to that property 5+ times to inspect/bid the same spot and got fedup with the bs and finally threw some water on ceiling to show the roof is an active leak. Thats how the game is played. IMO NO roof should be repaired but should always be a complete replacement and any water staining on an interior ceiling should be included in/with the roof bid. This prevents/retards the auditor from noting a possible active leak.
Thanks... Learn more an more every day...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts