REO Property Preservation Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
G

·
Crazy

I was contacted by Good Choice and they sent me a price list.

I called them back and asked if the prices were what they would reimburse for materials because surely they cant really think someone would go and change out a lock set and do it for that price including parts and labor.

Technician + insurance + workmans comp = more than they pay.....notice I did not even mention our company profit.

I told them they can add us to their contractor list but every time they wanted us to go to a job it would be our minimum charge plus materials and that's when they said maybe we are not a good fit for their company.

If I paid someone minimum wage I don't think I could turn a profit based on their pay schedule. This begs to ask what is a good fit for their company? Maybe a teenager living at home with mommy looking for extra cash. They could ride their bike over to the house and change a lock.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
wmyers4u said:
If I paid someone minimum wage I don't think I could turn a profit based on their pay schedule. This begs to ask what is a good fit for their company? Maybe a teenager living at home with mommy looking for extra cash.
That may not be what they are looking for but that is about as accurate a discription of the person they will probably get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are looking into getting on with them because it seems like at least they will send us a check. We have been working for local brokers for the last 3 years and for the 2nd time in those 3 years, we are getting shafted for a HEAP of money! This time to the tune of $15K because we have worked like dogs for them for the last year and been short paid. Now it seems that they are going under and we are SOL. It doesn't matter if someone says they will pay you $50 for a wint if you never get a check!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are looking into getting on with them because it seems like at least they will send us a check. We have been working for local brokers for the last 3 years and for the 2nd time in those 3 years, we are getting shafted for a HEAP of money! This time to the tune of $15K because we have worked like dogs for them for the last year and been short paid. Now it seems that they are going under and we are SOL. It doesn't matter if someone says they will pay you $50 for a wint if you never get a check!

Actually, you are the business model. They find fellows who do the work extremely cheap and then don't bother paying them. Then they go under and start another LLC. I refuse to allow late payments at all, they don't pay, I find something else to do. Keep it small and controlable. Thats why they usually don't hire licensed general contractors who would lean the properties. They lower the rates till only the very basic crews would apply and then they screw you over. Wash and repeat. I don't trust anyone, they will destroy your credit if you let them.

Its getting worse all the time. Just look at CL....

·
Registered
616 Posts
LEIN LEIN LEIN

you get to add hte price of the lein and time it takes to file it. I did this and had a check 7 days later. I sent the ^*^% wipes hte release of Lein. Now they have to pay for it to be recorded, 70$. A lein will stay with the property tillit is satisfied and becomes a REAL pain for the bank ! They will just call the person who ordwered the work and say PAY IT

·
Registered
847 Posts
GOOGLE!

You can find out most dirt on these wannabe nats easily! Google it! And if you dont know who the actual client is , google the address, and property appraiser site.....

Sometimes you have to go or at least threaten that route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had 2 people that wanted to pay late.

Each time it was a smaller amount... $1,000 or less.
We said lien, they said give us 24 hours.
Pay was never in full.... but they aren't in the industry anymore and we just by-passed them!

We will start small with every company. Never let it get over a few grand.
You want more work done, that's not a problem.
I just need to start seeing some checks first.

There are too many rip-offs in this industry.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,443 Posts
Until the "boots on the ground" people organize this will always be a problem...
We're fortunate to have a low population density....the scammere and subbers have started running out of suckers

·
Registered
616 Posts
Until the "boots on the ground" people organize this will always be a problem...
We're fortunate to have a low population density....the scammere and subbers have started running out of suckers

Nationals are getting this way too. If the industry tackes the 50% drop that is anticipated to happen because of Fanny and Freddie then we shall see alot of contracts

going late
Crap quality
Nationals spending more money chasing a quality contractor to get it done right the first time.

Nationals I have this to say

" How much time have you spent getting low ball people to do the work just to have it get jacked up "?? "Then you spend more limited resources to remedy it??" If you would only pay what is RIGHT and kick the bad apples to the curb or DO what you threaten.

Yes I know my spelling and grammar suck but my ethics and business sense DOES NOT

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,443 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gcp

Yes I was going to go to work for good choice preservation even after seeing their 20 course training agenda but I decided not to after seeing the prices! Either I am crazy and dillusional or these companies are, thinking that you can get by in this business with the little wages that they pay for a whole lot of work! These fat cats are taking all of the fun out of doing property preservation because at the end of the day your still playing catch up with bills etc.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Good choice is another notorious for claiming they have tons of work or if you come on our boss will open up your area because we have been turning it away.

Bunch of slime balls. Right up there with BLM. Not one of those two is worth spit.

Promise you the world just to get you to sign on with them . In reality they have low ball pay and no chance of ever making a profit

21 - 34 of 34 Posts