REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Owner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up for those of you thinking of joining Good Choice Preservation. We started with them in August I think we graduated still never figured that one out, supposed to have gotten id's etc (still waiting on them.Then finally started getting jobs in mid September, to just get canned by the end of October. Continously got pulled off our jobs to fill other contractors jobs (whom were on vacation or had thier stuff stolen) then to only receive several phones calls a day because our jobs were late.

Checks did not arrive until after 30 days, had to pay for the software to keep track of our work orders.So after spending the money for supplies, the software we only got a $50 check, we got told it will get better a week later the check was $63 wow not a lot of money for two weeks worth of work every single day.

After everything we spent and jobs that we cleared faster than other contractors we were giving no excuse as to other than the jobs were late when we got fired (through email might I add). The owner who I have yet to figure out who he is stated I will call you back and here it is alomst two weeks later and no return phone calls and our money we already earned will be held for (ANOTHER) 30 days. If it was me I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Most here have denied Good choice due to their low pay scale, sorry to hear of your bad experience!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just a heads up for those of you thinking of joining Good Choice Preservation. We started with them in August I think we graduated still never figured that one out, supposed to have gotten id's etc (still waiting on them.Then finally started getting jobs in mid September, to just get canned by the end of October. Continously got pulled off our jobs to fill other contractors jobs (whom were on vacation or had thier stuff stolen) then to only receive several phones calls a day because our jobs were late.

Checks did not arrive until after 30 days, had to pay for the software to keep track of our work orders.So after spending the money for supplies, the software we only got a $50 check, we got told it will get better a week later the check was $63 wow not a lot of money for two weeks worth of work every single day.

After everything we spent and jobs that we cleared faster than other contractors we were giving no excuse as to other than the jobs were late when we got fired (through email might I add). The owner who I have yet to figure out who he is stated I will call you back and here it is alomst two weeks later and no return phone calls and our money we already earned will be held for (ANOTHER) 30 days. If it was me I would look elsewhere.
What they pricing look like? Can u share?

·
Registered
847 Posts
I can see it on my end?? Im not very familiar with uploading to this site....

But here is a breakdown, or PM me your email and I will forward original:

Debris removal $15 cyd
Dry wint $ 20
Re-wint $ 15
INITIAL cut up to 5K $ 20
Knoblock $ 16
Roof tarp $ 300 30 X 50
Cap gas line $1
Re- Cut $ 15

Just some basics...

I will email if needed, send me address.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I can see it on my end?? Im not very familiar with uploading to this site....

But here is a breakdown, or PM me your email and I will forward original:

Debris removal $15 cyd
Dry wint $ 20
Re-wint $ 15
INITIAL cut up to 5K $ 20
Knoblock $ 16
Roof tarp $ 300 30 X 50
Cap gas line $1
Re- Cut $ 15

Just some basics...

I will email if needed, send me address.
$15 CYD for debris and $20 wintz? I've kicked clients to the curb that pay better than that. I don't need to see anymore. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I tried to upload the pricing sheet file but the site software says its too big.

I'm not sure I can resize a PDF file the way I can JPEG.

If I get time to mess with it later I'll try.

But from what I see................ their prices paid to the contractor are well below break even.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This has got to be some of the worst prices ive ever seen. Theres no way I would even set my alarm clock for that. My cheapest mower cost 5200.00 why would I cut a yard for 15.00. This is why the industry sucks now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This has got to be some of the worst prices ive ever seen. Theres no way I would even set my alarm clock for that. My cheapest mower cost 5200.00 why would I cut a yard for 15.00. This is why the industry sucks now.
I hear you. I see guys around here doing re-cuts for $12.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do suggest staying as far away from 'Bad Choice Preservation'. I swear they pay their people with the money they screw the companies out of.

No joke.
I work for other companies and they don't seem to feel they have to screw any of the worker companies out the money earned.
Oh my................stay away from this Co. unless you want to pay them for the work your company does.
I often wonder if the banks know what's going on?? The default homes could be done sooner if they weren't so busy doing the swindle hustle on the worker companies.
hmmmmm.................Oh ~ I feel better now..............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow not sure what Good Choice Preservation you all have worked for, but my husband has been with them since last August and we have a totally different price list from what is shown.

His smallest lawn cut which is a 45ftx45ft area at a condo is $35.
Just this year along he is making (beside the one small one) $50 to $175 a lawn and they have a one acre max.

We get bids for to just move debris in way of a grass cut and those are $75 to $100. Then they will send a work order a few weeks later and have us remove the debris $25 a yard.

The wints start at $50 for dry and multiple units are $25 for each extra one we have to winterize.

Heck he's even been getting tons of bid work and some debris removal.

Never have issues getting paid and everyone we have ever e-mailed or spoken with has been very helpful. Maybe we're lucky?

Maybe the rates are different for different states?

Now 5 Brothers is a totally different story.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have seen the price list in several states and it is crap! To answer your question, it is the good choice out of Florida...

You are the first one to compliment them on any social media site, or even to claim they pay good, Im thinking you may be the owner of good choice? In house employee??? :sleep1:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have seen the price list in several states and it is crap! To answer your question, it is the good choice out of Florida...

You are the first one to compliment them on any social media site, or even to claim they pay good, Im thinking you may be the owner of good choice? In house employee??? :sleep1:
thats what I was thinking.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts