REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any experiences with them ? They contacted me yesterday, price list is too low for me for preservation work but I told them I would be interested in bidding and working with the repair/rehab division
http://www.gryphon3.com/
BTW....not really a new member to site, lost touch since site moved and re-upped to post this
Thanks for any input

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
They are a member of NAMFS that sends up a red flag to me.....There is an new article about them...NAMFS....should read it

·
Registered
77 Posts
We have had some bad experiences with them.Its all FAS tenant owned work and they still use the same blue book from 1910.

Preservation is MCS,FAS,NFR,MSI.

Slow pay

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MKM, can you elaborate on bad experiences.... I'm not going to do the preservation stuff. Have you done repair work for them? They mention Repair scale -vs- bids in contract, and 30-45 day pay time. I'll suck it up on the 30-45 but 60-90 pay time aint happening. I'm stubborn enough to not do the work if they want to cut my bids down too low. I've grown accustomed over the last couple years to Wells fargo accepting my bids as is and paying in 2-3 weeks. looking into Gryphon to fill the gap while waiting for Wells properties to come back the end of April and the mowing season starts

·
Registered
77 Posts
MKM, can you elaborate on bad experiences.... I'm not going to do the preservation stuff. Have you done repair work for them? They mention Repair scale -vs- bids in contract, and 30-45 day pay time. I'll suck it up on the 30-45 but 60-90 pay time aint happening. I'm stubborn enough to not do the work if they want to cut my bids down too low. I've grown accustomed over the last couple years to Wells fargo accepting my bids as is and paying in 2-3 weeks. looking into Gryphon to fill the gap while waiting for Wells properties to come back the end of April and the mowing season starts
Bids where always cut,and I am not sure if I ever received payment before 60 days.When we where there it was alot FAS tenant owned work.Tenants never home,wanted me to be on call 24-7.I left them 9 months ago and have filed loses on the 15k they still owe me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a call from them disputing MKM's post. Had a nice conversation for about 20 min. As we know, some folks have bad experiences while others enjoy working with same companies. I got 2-3 negative reponses about them, both private and public, thats enough for me to move along and not bother with them. Maybe they're on the up and up, maybe not, but I don't have the time or $ to find out. Really was just looking to fill the gap while waiting for Wells fargo work to come back end of April. They had no work for me right now anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Got a call from them disputing MKM's post. Had a nice conversation for about 20 min. As we know, some folks have bad experiences while others enjoy working with same companies. I got 2-3 negative reponses about them, both private and public, thats enough for me to move along and not bother with them. Maybe they're on the up and up, maybe not, but I don't have the time or $ to find out. Really was just looking to fill the gap while waiting for Wells fargo work to come back end of April. They had no work for me right now anyway.
It's nice to see this forum is working. Pay attention Gryphon Group, and any other companies out there who think a couple disgruntled contractors out there will never affect you. WE WILL!

·
Registered
77 Posts
So did you use my name??I dont care any which way mr matt connonly is full of bologna and excuses.He thinks I own them money lol but yet i did the work and have the photos.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MKM.... Gryphon contacted me looking for vendors, I asked for a price list,(which they sent), then I inquired about them on this forum.They called me after they read your post about being stiffed for 15K. Said it was not true...another contractor contacted me claiming they stiffed him as well. Not interested in going back and forth with them on who's telling the truth. Bye Bye Gryphon.The reason I use this forum is to hopefully make an informed decision on new companies based on others experiences and what my gut feeling is.
Usually "gut" wins out every time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
MKM.... Gryphon contacted me looking for vendors, I asked for a price list,(which they sent), then I inquired about them on this forum.They called me after they read your post about being stiffed for 15K. Said it was not true...another contractor contacted me claiming they stiffed him as well. Not interested in going back and forth with them on who's telling the truth. Bye Bye Gryphon.The reason I use this forum is to hopefully make an informed decision on new companies based on others experiences and what my gut feeling is.
Usually "gut" wins out every time.

If you don't mind - please post their price list?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I strikes me as rather hilarious that these guys have nothing better to do than to troll sites like this one looking for claims that they then tell potential vendors that are bogus.

If they would spend the same amount of time trying to make sure their vendors and contractors weren't F-ed over by them they'd be a whole lot better off in terms of a good company.
Also eliminate the salary of the person trolling the sites looking for non flattering info about them, then they could pay the contractors more.
So many of these greedy get rich quick companies are skimming more off the top than what they pay the guy that does the work, and carries 100% of the liability for the job and getting paid.
To me that is just wrong, always has been.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
When many a Regional has a short term business model, they don't care if they have honerable and qualified contractors; skimming is part of the model.

·
Contractor
486 Posts
The real funny thing about Regionals is they are making money without the liability or risk. Payment to sub's is contingent upon them being paid, and if something goes south..."hey we didn't do it...our sub did"

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
On the same note as my earlier post............... if you are taking good care of your contractors......... word gets out about that too.
And you don't have to worry about your negative image. You are unlikely to have one.

Reactions: mtmtnman

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
My sentiments exactly... The only way to deal with them.... is Not to deal with them.
And when we all post our personal experiences here, less contractors have to deal with companies like this before their true colors are revealed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts