REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email via Property Vendors that this company ARM needed Vendors and I can find no reviews on this company anywhere, only a listing show up via a Google search (ARM Property Maintenance Inc. Redford, MI).Their Facebook page only has 1 entry which is an ad seeking vendors. No photos, no reviews, nothing. They left me a message and when I called back I got answering machine with an Indian sounding voice. B/c I'm running into companies that offer ridiculous pay for property preservation work, I ask to be emailed a price list up front and this company refuses to send the price list, but insists we discuss prices over the phone only, which sends up a red flag for me b/c how can anyone possibly give you their price list for all property preservation services over the phone. I worked with mainly 1 Asset Mgmt company for 10 years until work dried up in 2020, otherwise I wouldn't be applying elsewhere. I'm running into some companies that were shut down under another name and have reappeared under a new name with the same people running them. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them. I'm leary of any company that will not send me anything in writing, b/c phone conversations concerning what they pay vendors for services can always be disputed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got an email via Property Vendors that this company ARM needed Vendors and I can find no reviews on this company anywhere, only a listing show up via a Google search (ARM Property Maintenance Inc. Redford, MI).Their Facebook page only has 1 entry which is an ad seeking vendors. No photos, no reviews, nothing. They left me a message and when I called back I got answering machine with an Indian sounding voice. B/c I'm running into companies that offer ridiculous pay for property preservation work, I ask to be emailed a price list up front and this company refuses to send the price list, but insists we discuss prices over the phone only, which sends up a red flag for me b/c how can anyone possibly give you their price list for all property preservation services over the phone. I worked with mainly 1 Asset Mgmt company for 10 years until work dried up in 2020, otherwise I wouldn't be applying elsewhere. I'm running into some companies that were shut down under another name and have reappeared under a new name with the same people running them. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them. I'm leary of any company that will not send me anything in writing, b/c phone conversations concerning what they pay vendors for services can always be disputed.
We've received the same thing you have, nothing online about them whatsoever so my guess is they're a starter company, I've done work for 2 separate companies for 4 years straight until I had enough of how they treated me like I was their slave or if they agreed to pay a price that I gave them they would knit pick every little tiny detail and give me follow ups for days even though my price was still far from price quotes of a professional to do the same work in that field of the job

·
Registered
2 Posts
One company I had very good luck with was initial secure they always had work and always worked with me on pricing but once you get a good office dude make sure you only talk to him and only him otherwise you'll end up like I did getting the arrogant guy that talks to you like you're his buddy or like your trying to lie your way into a better payout just for trying to tell him that the job doesn't even cover what gas would cost for the job

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,460 Posts
I'm running into some companies that were shut down under another name and have reappeared under a new name with the same people running them.
that is standard operating procedure in this industry....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts