REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C/P

He makes house calls: Cleanup business can aid foreclosure, estate cases

JOHNSTOWN — Jonathan Ayres of Westmont has founded a business that offers customers the means of getting properties back into pristine condition.

AA Ayres Property Clean-Out specializes in cleaning properties that are being neglected for various reasons.

In some cases, the home is being foreclosed and in other cases, the occupant has moved to a nursing home and there are no children residing in the area to tend to the cleaning chores, said Ayres, whose office is in Westmont.

Sometimes the resident is no longer able to clean his or her home and needs a little help, he said.

In other cases, someone turns into a hoarder and fills the home from floor to ceiling with various items.

Ayres said he then gets a call to rid the home of the excess goods.

In other cases, family members who reside outside the area have lost a loved one. They may lack the opportunity to clean out the home to get it ready to sell.

“The family has enough to deal with, especially with the death of a loved one,” Ayres said. “I am trying to put their minds at ease by taking care of their properties, treating it like my own home.”

The cost to clean a home usually runs between $600 and $1,000, he said.

Items that are removed can be placed into storage at an additional cost until family members are ready to take possession of them, he said.

Ayres also cleans out garages and storage sheds.

Ayres hopes to expand the business and hire employees, he said.

He said what piqued his idea in starting the business was listening to his father, Timothy Ayres, a Johnstown lawyer, and some of his father’s colleagues talk about problems families face while closing an estate.

People wishing to make an appointment with Ayres can call his father’s office at 262-2123.

#################################################

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now why didt i think of that. Glad he brought that business to the table. Now we have to adjust our prices, :thumbup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just did one of these last week. Guys dad died and he got all the stuff out that he wanted but he was having a hard time going thru the rest of it " too emotional. I gave him a price of $50 a yrd to remove the stuff. 24 yrds later cash in hand and get this NO PICTURES. Plus a nice computer ton of cleaning stuff and $200 of scrap at the yard.

I could get used to this :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Banned
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just did one of these last week. Guys dad died and he got all the stuff out that he wanted but he was having a hard time going thru the rest of it " too emotional. I gave him a price of $50 a yrd to remove the stuff. 24 yrds later cash in hand and get this NO PICTURES. Plus a nice computer ton of cleaning stuff and $200 of scrap at the yard.

I could get used to this :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We make some nice money doing local clean outs. Most of the scrap we get is aluminum and copper :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . And no pictures. Everything like clothing,kitchen stuff etc. We donate to Goodwill. The cloths are baled up and shipped over seas. The other items are sold at their store. The furniture if it is decent we sale. If we do a job in Pittsburgh PA we call this veterans organization and give them what ever they want. They use it for the homeless vets.We even give them gas money to help out. Its a win win deal :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
We advertise in the local paper classifieds and on CL . :thumbsup:
We also believe it or not use Facebook...We started our business Page Around the first of December and have picked up three jobs....

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
This home service is what Spectrum Home Services tries to do with franchise locations.

Too bad they bang their contractors and their franchises.

Search them on ripoff.

·
Registered
343 Posts
could we or do we want to as a " collective " offer such services ? lets face it the nats and regs are throwing it or trying to throw it up our backsides we have the talent we have the know how and equipment and in some cases the crew ready to roll why cant we form a loose consortium im in hudson valley NY dont want to travel to upstate but i know a guy there etc etc ,, the nats and regs dont let us chat or talk to one another they use the divide and conquer tech and it works for them, just a random thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts