REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use portable heaters to help keep you warm on these properties during winter months? Im looking into buying something, wondering of any preferences....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wear multiple layers and sometimes let my truck run when I am working outside or in unheated properties and the temps plunge below zero.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
We use peopane heaters you attach to a tank....that way you can go room to room ...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We use peopane heaters you attach to a tank....that way you can go room to room ...
I'm leaning in that direction, do you use the 15,000 or 30,000 BTU? From what Ive read the 15k should be enough, while the propane would last longer....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
225,000 btu chimney style heater in the basement will quickly raise the temps in the whole house.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
Do any of you use portable heaters to help keep you warm on these properties during winter months? Im looking into buying something, wondering of any preferences....
My portable heat is supplied by a pair of insulated Carhartt coveralls!

·
Registered
694 Posts
don't forget the stocking hat and gloves. Unless we are there more than 1.5 hr I cant see the reason to spend the money
When it's this cold out, 409 insta-freezes when you spray on counter tops, tubs, etc. In order to actually clean, it has to be warmed up some. Plus nearly every house we goto has to be thawed unless it's been previously winterized, and even then, it's a 50/50 shot it wasn't done properly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I dont like being cold, I have a 200k btu portable heater that I fire up if i'm going to be at a property more then like 20 min. It's nice to be able to strip down to a tshirt when its below 0 out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When it's this cold out, 409 insta-freezes when you spray on counter tops, tubs, etc. In order to actually clean, it has to be warmed up some. Plus nearly every house we goto has to be thawed unless it's been previously winterized, and even then, it's a 50/50 shot it wasn't done properly.
I agree. When doing a "sales clean" or a good quality janitorial service you almost have to heat it up to some degree. I use the 200,000 BTU chimney type also. It will heat a house quick. Alot of times I've used windshield washer fluid to clean with as it doesn't freeze the minute it hits a metal sink.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, a professional sales clean will take at least 2-3 hrs ( depending on property size ), not to mention the debris removal, we usually spend 4-5 hrs on each REO initial, and I would rather work comfortably if possible!

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
For a simple trash out or lock changes sure carharts are fine.

But when it comes to janitorials........ gotta have heat.

32 degrees is the same world wide.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Riiighhht.
Is that because foreclosed houses are soooo much colder in MI than they are in Montana?:bangin:
SO........? Do you tuck your cleaning supplies into your overalls as well? To prevent freezing? Better results overall in comfortable working conditions!!

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
JDRM,

OH BOY YOU just opened a whole can of worms..... I hear those Montana boys tuck all their supplies in the britches. :) hahahaha

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
They even tuck their pants legs in their boots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts